Mom is making me wear a dress! HELP MEE?

I'm neutrois. I'm not out yet but I told my mom I want to wear boy clothes and never wear girls clothing. She lets me buy the standard jeans, t-shirt, nike skate shoes, but whenever it's a "big" event, she makes me wear something girly. tomorrow night we are going to this dance thing for the military (my sister is in the military) and my mom is making me wear this stupid gold dress when i already spent $60 on getting a tux and a new tie. she isn't letting me wear it and even when i look in the mirror when i have the dress on, i literally see someone who isn't a girl wearing a dress. it makes me feel so uncomfortable and i hate it so much. any advice to help me wear my tux? (btw i am not 18-24, I'm 15)

Most Helpful Guy

• Your choices are to come out or to go along with It. A tux isn't generally appropriate for a formal event for a woman. 'I don't like dresses' doesn't cut it. I can't tell you whether to come out or not but basically not being out means wearing dresses to formals.

What Guys Said 4

• again even if u r 15.. u should tell her that u r old enough 2 choose how u will dress basically...:-)

• What's wrong with a dress? I don't see it as something for only girls. That's just social conditioning. I'm neutrois too... I think. Basically you don't identify with the social constructs of masculine or feminine right? But if a dress is simply not a good look to you then just say that you hate dresses. Also, you should tell your mother that you're gender neutral, it's a good thing and not something to hide.

• Just go with it once.

• you sound like Busy from the show ready or not.

She was such a tomboy that wore boy clothes and never cared much for girl stuff. Although she had a friend that was a girly girl.

Why not compromise. Just for this occasion wear the dress. For anything else dress how you want. Its only a night approximately at least maybe 5-6 hours. After that you'll be free.

What Girls Said 4

• Ok! I feel you, I wouldn't say i'm a tom boy, but my mom makes me wear extremely girly things which i'm not in love with. I had the same problem because I had to go to a fashion show and after a while of deciding I wore a cashmere top with a skirt ending above my knees and beige heels. This might be too girly for you, but flowy chiffon pants would be a good bet for you! I'd add a picture if I knew how...

• Wear the dress with the tux jacket

• lol that's what i'm doing for prom

• If you have a nice body show it off and is you feel uncomfortable showing anything at all you can always wear stalkings and I would recommend black

• Wear whatever you want and if she says no then just don't go.