Is long hair worth the problems? When does it get in your way?

I had long hair back in my teens, and gave it up because it was always in the way for sports and took a lot of time to keep clean and more or less in control...

But never as long as many girls wear it... it must often get in the way, right?

Doesn't it get in your food sometimes?

Most Helpful Girl

• My dad for years told me to get my hair cut short. Indeed one of my school photos had me with what I always felt was a hideous boys short cut hair style. Never again did I allow that to happen again and almost all my future photos either reached down to my neck/shoulders or longer. Now my hair length reaches my breast line and my hair is naturally straight with an even parting on both sides. Rarely my hair gets caught up in food but isn't out of the question completely. My hair gets stuck on earrings, necklaces, zipper or button or even Velcro or other fastening objects on clothes or other fabrics. My hair gets in the way during sex, I tie it up pony or lazy bun style with the same thing done during an exercise workout session - hair always out of face to avoid facial sweating and oily sweaty hair - not a nice combo!

What Girls Said 14

• i agree that sometimes long hair gets in your way..(mine is curly) so it gets tangled pretty easily and trying to detangle it hurts like hell... my hair gets stuck in zippers/earrings/necklaces.. its naturally dry so i have to keep it moisturized as much as possible.. it even gets in my eyes or get on my lips whenever i'm using lip gloss.. or gets in my face... my real hair length (when it is straightened) is about my navel level,, but when curly its to my bust level... i love my hair as it is tho

• Had exceptionally long hair (3-4" past my waist) for most of my K-12 education. Started swim team, chopped it off, found out that having short hair dried quicker, took less time to style, weighed a lot less and didn't get irreversibly tangled, and stuck with it.

At some point, when you realize that you spend more time tying it back to keep it out of your way, blowdrying it, and combing it than actually wearing it loose, you begin to see the sense in just not having it.

That, and if your significant other is a cuddler (and you're the small spoon), a spoonful of hair does not help the medicine go down.

• It does gets annoying sometimes, so I just wear hairpins to keep it off my face. Lol. I wear ponytail or do a uphairdo when it's really hot :/

• It kept getting in Leila's way, she had to keep stopping and tying it back up,

• Leilaaaa ;D lol. I wear my hair up (clips it up) or just wear ponytails at work

• My hair is fairly long now, probably 6 inches past my shoulders. If I feel like it's going to get in the way of what I'm doing, I just tie it up. There's a zillion ways to tie back long hair and do it up, most of which are quite easy to do on your own in the mirror. I think long haired women have way more style options than long haired men do, since most updos and braided styles are very feminine in appearance.

• It doesn't get in my food... because I tie it up. That's what we do with long hair.

• My hair is almost to my butt and the only issues i've ever had with it is when the wind blows back and it goes flying and i've rolled it up in my car window a few times lol.

But honestly it's not that bad, I braid the front/sides a little or pull the front back a little so it's not all in my face or food like you said. I guess I got lucky because mine is really straight and all I have to do is wash it, blow dry it a little and be on my way. If i'm working out or doing sports, I just put it in a ponytail, it does get hot though.

• My hair is quite long, it was below my his two months ago but I cut it. It's still long but has never gotten in the way.

• It only gets in my way during sex.

That's when I feel the need to tie it up

• All the time. It gets everywhere. Washing machine, dryer, carpet and Hoover, plug hole... it wraps around my neck in the summer and blows in my face in the wind. If it goes frizzy its a nightmare and difficult to tie up. It is pretty healthy though so I don't need to "look after it" very much.

• Normally, It doesn't get in my way but it gets heavy when it is wet, it hurts really bad when it's stuck under the purse chain on the shoulders, it gets on the lips when you wear lipstick or lip gloss and i get slapped a lot in the windy weather.
    Once my hair was caught in the car door :( :(

BUT I still like having a long hair :) lol

• Mine is about shoulder level. it doesn't get in my way I just pulled it up in a pony tail

• I tie it up most of the time.

• i've always had long - super long hair so it's normal for me

• Mine has always been long. If it's getting in the way simply tie it back.

• I chopped them off, problem solved!

What Guys Said 4

• Long. straight hair brushing over me in, uhhhh, various intimate situations is more than worth it for me in keeping it out of the way and away from harm the other times.

• It gets in your ears. In your eyes. In your nose. In your mouth.

I tried, but I couldn't deal with it lol

• No, I love long hair

• I gave up my big afro months ago for the same reasons , i had to care for it a lot