Would you consider this racist?

Guy you like happens to be blond. I happen to have dark brown hair. I really like him and for some reasons we were talking about babies. I said I would really love to have kids someday. Guy/boyfriend says "yeah but they wouldn't have blond hair, I want kids with blond hair-wouldn't our kids have dark brown hair if we had kids?"-and I wasn't sure what to say so I said. "most likely light brown or brown hair but they wouldn't be blond" is this something blond guys think about when they think of having kids?

Most Helpful Guy

• Normally they don't worry about that.

What Guys Said 5

• I think many people want their kids to look like they do. If you consider anything having to do with outward appearance racist, the yes its racist. BUT technically by that mentality you're racist too for liking blond guys. NOBODYS COLOR BLIND, you people need to realize that and get over it.

• I consider partner selection and, by extension, one's posterity to be something that should be granted special exempt status from all this PC bullsh*t.

• No I wouldn't care what colour hair my kid would have...

• Lol. =]

• I'm blond and I don't usually say such stupid things to make a girl wonder.

What Girls Said 8

• that's not racism. it's just a hair color preference and and some odd little fantasy about having little blonde children. I'd laugh if I were you.

• I think it's more of a preference than prejudice. And as long as a person has the recessive gene for blonde hair, their kids can be blonde, so he shouldn't judge brunettes by that.

• i don't know where you got racism out of this, hair color has nothing to do with race and everything to do with genetics. you could look it up on google which gene for hair color is recessive and which is dominant but since you have both hair color types there is a chance that your kids could have blonde hair. still, what's with the racist business?

• he's retarded, f*** him.you deserve to have a guy that adores your dark locks and tells you he wants a baby that has your hair because it will remind him of you.diss the dork, you don't want someone that inconsiderate to be your" baby daddy "anyway.

• Hahah don't think anything of it. Everyone over here, jokes about not wanting a ginger baby, but nobody means it.

• Lol of course it's not racist. He just wants blonde kids, I'm the same, doesn't make me racist. And they still could be blonde even if one parent has dark hair (i'm blonde and my mum has black hair).

• No it's not racist. He didn't say he was genetically superior to brunettes, he just wants his kids to be blonde. Which makes sense since he is blonde and it's natural to want to pass your genetic features on to the next generation. That's why we exist.

• Are you Asian or African? because if he loved you, he wouldn't ask that question.

• Who said anything about love? I think this is just a crush. they're not seriously discussing having children.