Girls, thoughts on eyebrow waxing?

So my eyebrows suck. They're thick and if you look very closely you can even see a slight unibrow. Yeah, yuck. My mother offered to take me to get them waxed, but I'm not sure. Some of my friends told me it's really really painful and they said it leaves a red mark on your skin for awhile. I want to do something about my eyebrows, but I'm not really sure what. Any advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• I swear to you it's not that bad that's what everyone told me too and then I just got it over with.

Of course it's going to cause a bit of discomfo but it's not like it's going to make you cry. I think dealing with a tiny bit of pain is certainly better than looking like a cyclops with a unibrow... Trust me I'd know.

If you still are unconfotable with it and if you onoe someone that's good at trimming brows you could buy an eye brow razor from Walgreen's, dollar stores, or really anywhere but the person has to be good or they could really f*ck you up. My friend is really good at it.

There's another option it's called threading they'll literally use a string to cut through it but I personally think that it hurts more than getting it waxed. They thread at most malls.

I say just try getting it waxed it's not that bad and if you don't like it then you don't have to go back but at least you can say you tried.

• Thanks for the advice!

• As for turning red it really depends on how sensitive your skin is. I personally only turn red for about 5 min sometimes not at all while my sister stays red for the rest of the day.

• No problem glad to help and thanks for MH :)

What Guys Said 2

• Get electrolysis for the unibrow, but leave the rest.

• Get that cara deleveighn look

What Girls Said 7

• I used to do waxing. The pain isn't that bad because it's warm and soothing. You get used to it. Your skin also gets used to it and doesn't stay so red. After I graduated college and could afford it I did electrolysis and laser hair removal. Now I have to pluck occasionally.

• Thanks for the advice!

• I do it and it's better than plucking!

• I get mine waxed. It kinda hurts the first time (like I teared up a little), but the pain goes away fast. It does leave your face red for like 30 min - 1 hour, but you just need to plan to got straight home after waxing your eyebrows if you don't want people to see the redness. Waxing is honestly a quick easy way to go.

• Thanks for the advice

• I pluck my eyebrows because i'm to lazy to get them waxed, but waxing is great, its not too painful. You want pain, try threading.

• Thanks for the advice

• I get mine waxed every month. so worth it.. your skin will be red initially & maybe for like a day but its not a big deal just put some cover up on it :) they should put some soothing gel on afterward that helps with the redness

• Thanks for the advice!

• It really isn't painful!

• GET THEM THREADED. ITS THE BEST. WAXING CAN GO DIE.