What purpose do pantyhose serve... specially the nude ones?

I have always wondered. Is it true that ONE purpose is that if the legs are not freshly shaven, it camouflages the hair?

Sometines, I also get the feeling that she wants to show her legs but she is not comfortable baring them. So that gives her the false comfort of wearing something.
I took very interesting and good points from the comments:
1) They serve as a sheet between skin n shoes
2) They make the legs look better toned; because it is THAT what attracts our attention and we wonder how the legs look so good.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, you know, that's a great question, when I was a youngin... lol... I used to wear them nearly everyday as it makes your legs look nicer, even toned, gave it a nice shine.. dresses and skirts always felt and fitted better with stockings on. When I got to my thirties, I was out in the sun more living so close to the beach and running nearly everyday made my legs brown, when I put my garments on, I didn't really need the stockings as it was more of a natural look, although in winter I would wear the black thicker stockings to keep my legs warm under dresses and skirts. But no they do not hide the longer hair, if anything it makes it worse! mainly the natural coloured stockings but the black winter stockings did a great job covering the hair..:))

What Girls Said 7

• Adds minimal extra warmth, makes heels a bit comfier (just skin against shoes can cause friction and it hurts!). Can give a nice tan or shine to the legs :)

• depending on the situation, they can be used to create a smooth body shape when combined with a control top tank or Spanx. They can be used to camoflauge but only to a point. If you have man fur, nothing is going to hide that :-) As for the colors, you are supposed to buy the one that is closest to your skin tone. It evens out the coloring of your legs and makes them look very nice. Paired with heels it creates a slim well put together image of a womans legs :-)

• It makes your skin look nice!

• I've been trying to figure that out for the past 21 years of my life now. This is why I've invested in non-irritating leggings to wear with some of my skirts and dresses.

• it also makes you look more classy and your legs perfect, and its warm

• For me my skin changes a lot due to allergies and temp. So the panty house hides if my skin get red.

• i only wear them for work.. or if the guy i dates likes them.. but for me bare legged is the way to go

What Guys Said 2