Your Opinions Please? do I take a chance on getting this one, something very similar, or do I just go with our "all time backup" the LBD?

Having been invited to celebrate my cousin's 21st birthday next month, am thinking (only thinking!) about treating myself to a new outfit.

I've spent most of the morning (here in the UK) searching literally dozens of websites for ideas, and seem to keep coming back to this one (hopefully shown below!) to which I would love to read/see your opinions on.

To me it looks absolutely gorgeous and just right for a summer party, but the very last thing I want to do, is to upstage my cousin.

Apparently she will be wearing a surprise outfit which no-one other than her parents know anything about, and they are not giving anything away.

My dilemma is, do I take a chance on getting this one, something very similar, or do I just go with our "all time backup" the LBD?

Your views, opinions and comments as always will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

http://media.very.co.uk/i/very/B146P_SP132_04_4R4NMe?$266x354_standard$

Hmmm.. Why didn't this show up the way I wanted it to.. Am Not A Happy Bunny!

11

Most Helpful Girl

• Go for it!

• Thank You.. It seems like you all have the same opinion. :)

• Ugh, stupid clothing stores /:

• What I said I couldn't possibly repeat here as it would be completely unladylike.. Not that am one of those anyway!

What Girls Said 10

• This is lovely. Go for it. Its very trendy and with simple accessories will look marvelous in it. As for upstaging, there really isn't a way to prevent that if she isn't telling anyone what she is wearing and it will still be her day and you can't take that from her ;-) no matter how hard you want to be 21 again lol

• Thank you very much indeed.. Just because I turn 25 in a few weeks time there's no need to "rub it in!" lol.. You are of course absolutely right in what you say in it being her day.

As it seems like all you girls are in full approval, it really just remains for me to find my husband's credit card!! :)

• Go ahead and get that. If her outfit is going to be a surprise, she can't get mad at you for "upstaging" her. You can also ask her about the dress.

• Thank you.. You are of course so right.. I'd love to be able to ask her, but I do believe she has been "sworn to secrecy" :)

• I meant ask her what she thinks about YOUR dress.

• Gosh.. How very silly of me, sorry.. That's a very good idea.. Thanks. :)

• I thought the dress was going to be floor length with Swarovski crystal or something! To me, "upstaging" would be wearing a super revealing or extravagant dress to get attention; this dress is not either of those things. The dress is very pretty but does not seem like a night out type of dress. I'm sure it'll look great though if you decide to wear it.

• Am so sorry to have disappointed you! lol.. Unfortunately it is not some huge gala/award type event where I could have perhaps got all glammed up and wore something like you described.. That would have been really something else! :)

• Thank you so much.. It is a shame in a way that it's not some big fancy extravaganza! .. Where a girl could really go to town!! .. And where her husband's credit card would melt! lol :)

• I think every girl has the inner desire to buy an outrageous expensive outfit and look like Hollywood glamour.

• nice dress!! go for it

• That one could possibly upstage your cousin, but I think you should get a different dress all together. That dress is nice but seems like it might not fit the occasion. It's more of a sophisticated Sunday brunch type dress.

• If you love it then go for it though! You're gorgeous and would probably upstage your cousin just because of your beauty.

• Gosh am just so very, very sorry I've got so carried away here that I have completely overlooked the fact that we were clogging your feed @kxera
      Hopefully we @Justacatlady can continue over on the messaging side.

• You all didn't blow up my notifications. I fell asleep then went out so it's fine but I wouldn't are too much about a strapless bra showing in the back but I don't think it would show much in the white one but I'll continue looking for dresses later

• im not a fan of prints like that to be honest, but if its for summer it'll be very beautiful!

• If the party is in the evening then choose lbd , if its in day time then this dress

• Thank you.. It all kicks off mid afternoon followed by a disco/dance in the evening.. It is all being held at one venue.. Naturally people will be wanting to go outside (weather permitting!) during the afternoon, and quite probably during the evening as well.. That's why I have the dilemma over what to wear.

I guess the easy way around this will be to take a change of outfit (namely the LBD!) for the evening. :)

• @IamFler.. You must have read my thoughts! .. As I have now decided to take my sheer lace LBD with me.. Even if I don't need to wear it, I will at least have it to hand.. It will of course mean that I will have to take a change of bra, knickers and shoes as well.. Oh, as I very often hear myself saying.. "The Joys Of Being A Woman" :)

• Have fun)!

• It's a very cute dress i like it, i would buy it.

• Thank you.. That's another one in full agreement.. How Great Minds Think Alike! :)

• Okay that dress is beautiful and you'd look stunning!!! x

• Gosh.. Thank you so much.. I actually went to try one on yesterday, but as always they didn't have it in my size.. I did try on a size smaller and although it did fit quite well it was just a little bit to tight across my bust.. Am now having to wait until they get my size in, later next week!

• Well hopefully you get it :)

• Is the summer party in the day or night time

If it's day/afternoon, I would go with something like this (also the one you posted is cute!) :

www.oasis-stores.com/.../5550094600

www.oasis-stores.com/.../5437200

If it's a night time party, I'd go with a LBD or something like this:

www.oasis-stores.com/.../5550092761