What's your stance on belting loose blouses?

Some shirts can be rocked tucked in a little, some not, some look weird and shapeless. I bought a 2" wide woven elastic belt for blouses with weird cuts. It mostly fixes the shapeless issue but looks just a little costumey or maternity--definitely not ok with the latter.

• Cinch a blouse at the narrowest part of the waist?
    76% (13)
  • Wear it higher? (looks like maternity, ugh)
    0% (0)
  • Wear the belt below the navel?
    0% (0)
  • Tuck in the shirt?
    12% (2)
  • Go baggy?
    6% (1)
  • Buy a skinnier width belt?
    6% (1)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

7

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, I really dispise ceintures (elastic belt at the waist). They're so out of fashion. Baggy is more modern now. You could wear a baggy blouse with a tight skinny jeans or a jegging/tregging. You could also tuck in the shirt, but loose the belt completely (only acceptable at your hips).
    But if you really want the belt, then at narrowest point, because below makes you look fuller and above is indeed maternity.

What Girls Said 6

• I have on the odd occasion worn a belt with a loose fitting blouse, but have always made sure that it is around my waist.. I guess am fortunate in a way that I do not have massive hips so it always sits and looks right.. It does on the other hand accentuates my bust and shoulders a little more, giving me the look am after.

• It all depends on your body shape if it shows well or not. It will always accentuate your waist. So don't if you want to hide wide hips. Do if you want accentuate wide shoulders, and so on.

• Narrowest part of the waist, for sure. It creates the best shape.

• Narrowest part of the waist looks really good!

• At the narrowest part, of course. Why would anyone do any different than that? O. o

• I voted A, I think they can look cute that way though normally I just go baggy because I can never find the perfect belt lol

• It seems like it would be simple to pull off but not so much lol. I usually find baggy is easiest.

• Yeah baggy is always the easiest, you can't put belts to some shirts, or sometimes you just need to try with different belts, thinner or thicker