Is it wrong to want glasses if you dont need them?

I want to get glasses because I think they willl help express myself, and show people that I don't just like the physical aspects of life. Basically... I want to get the message across that I am also intellectual. I guess i'm tall, I lift weights, have masculine features like a strong jaw line and stuff like that, but I get incredibly angry when people think i'm dumb because of how I am. People wouldn't know that I actually spend lots of time on my computer. programming or designing websites, using sony vegas or stuff like that. (I also could graduate already as a junior after the first semester with no extra time spent in the summers.) I also spent more than 10,000 hours looking at a computer and i'm only 16 nearing 17 (I started for many hours a day afterschool and stuff since like age 9 or 10.) I could find some glasses that would protect my vision in the next 10 or 20 years when i'll only be 30 or 40 but will have logged tens of thousands of hours of looking at a computer, and it may cause me to blind early (which is unsure but there is a chance.) I quote, "Cumulative exposure to artificial blue-light can contribute to vision problems such as cataracts and age-related macular degeneration."

I think I have 20 - 20 vision or somewhere near it. Ironically I can feel it deteriorating at a slow rate. Do you think it would be wrong of me to get the glasses that are stylish that will protect my eyes and help me express myself?

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, as someone who has worn glasses my whole life because I actually need them, I don't get why people would want to wear fake ones just because they think it makes them look smarter or cool. It doesn't. If you have 20/20 vision, enjoy it and take advantage of the fact you don't need to wear these things on your face all day.

What Girls Said 5

• I've always worn glasses/contacts. I can see the appeal as far as having a 'look' is concerned, but I do always find it silly when I see people/know people who are wearing fake prescription glasses. Glasses don't mean that you "don't just like the physical aspects of life". they mean that you like to be able to see things.

• It's up to you. But I think that people who don't need glasses and wear them, are making fun of people who really need them.

• i don't think glasses will change the way people perceive a person

• Some people use non prescription glasses for style

• If they're prescription that'll mess up your eyes.

What Guys Said 9

• weird... personally i'm the opposite basically...

i need glasses but i don't wear em out of my home coz they destroy my image basically!

• Not at all, I got glasses although I can manage without them. Go to Selectspecs. com they are the best, they have fantastic prices. I think on the site they are called "fashion glasses" they are literally glasses with no prescription adjustment in the lenses.

• You don't need glasses , don't bother with them. Glasses are an expense, and eye doctors charge a lot. Don't mess with your eyes, just get decent sunglasses and wear them outside

• Ask an ophtalmologist.

• You can get cosmetic glasses

• I used to want glasses when I was young, because I thought that it would be cool. Now I don't like it that I have to wear them. But I only wear them inside the house and for outside I wear contact lenses.

• Wrong? Absolutely not.
    Odd? Maybe.
    Go for it? Yes.

• as long as it makes me look good ill wear them

• yea that is very wrong