How to tone blonde hair?

Girls with blonde hair/have had blonde hair before: i recently got my hair ombre'd/balayaged as you can tell in my profile pic. Since my hair was pretty dark i have a few pieces that aren't quite as blonde as i like them, they look a little more brassy. I got a purple shampoo from Joico so hopefully thatll help tone it a bit, but do you girls have any other tips on how to tone it? thank you! :)

4

Most Helpful Girl

• - Purple or blue shampoo.
    - Purple or blue toner. Purple neutralizes yellow and blue neutralizes orange.
    - Frequent touch-ups &/or bleach it (that can be quite harmful though).

What Girls Said 3

• how did you get your hair wavy like that please :D ////?

• Just take a curling iron, a 1 or 1 1/2 inch barrel and curl your hair with it but don't hold it on too long unless your hair is hard to curl or thick. Curl each strand the opposite way, and when your done I like to flip my head over and run my hands through the curls so they aren't too tight :)

• oh ok thanks. :)

• I used John Frieda blonde toner and it gets rid of all the brass in a week.

• you need to bleach your hair more if your natural hair is dark, that will help the blonde stay in