Do you think that the saying "beauty is pain" is true or not?

Do you think that the saying "beauty is pain" is true or not? I think it's true.

• It's true
  • It's not true
  • Other/results
Like for example: I was putting on lip gloss and it burned. (It was a special lip gloss that makes lips bigger) So my friend said "beauty is pain"

Most Helpful Girl

• True, I have to go through pain to be beautiful.

What Guys Said 11

• Beauty is always less pain from others. People are nice to you more, more guys/girls are attracted to you, you don't have to put all the effort into trying to look decent, like hundreds of millions of other people. Come on... non-beautiful are ALWAYS anxious about their looks and it fucking drains life out of them (us).

• True, but it's different for each gender.

Handsome men are often thought of as arrogant.
    Handsome women scare lots of guys suitable for them away.

As to having a great body , it requires a diet or a workout schedule for most people. There are exceptions though.

• It's not that hard though

• The face plays the most important role for both genders. A handsome face is easily memorable and recognizable because of the prominent features. But again, lots of people will judge you only based on this, and not your character. Extraordinarily good-looking people may have trouble finding a date because their object of interest is more likely to think that you're not having honest intentions anyway.

• That's true.. Most people tend to date people on their level because they're scared of rejection and also because they think the other person might never like them back

• those who want to be beautiful need to feel the pain to deserve it basically.
    even though this saying is far from perfect, it describes exactly what's become of our society.

• I used to have this theory, that everything you get in this universe comes around...
    Like karma, like say if someone was born attractive or had a great body or genetics, then the universe would find for that person and then they were doomed to fail in some other area, like more prone to robbery, bankruptcy or pain...

I believe if someone is born ugly, they will have a good life and prosper in other areas

• lol what.. But good people can be good too it's not just about appearance

• Furthermore Why do you want bigger lips? dont follow that kylie jenner shit

• I don't want bigger lips. I did that when I was 13... I was just reminiscing about the past

• No? Beauty is beautiful, isn't it?

• Yes... But I can't explain it lol

• German? I know it's German

• Ja 👍🏻, sie ist die Deutsche Sprache

Yeah it's German, I didn't know that you are smart

• Oh, in that way. Yeah, the drive to raise your value by beautifying yourself is painful.

• I don't know what it means

• Oh so THAT'S why I dont wake up with any pains in the morning...

Lol nah i dont think so.

• its true. beautiful are usually the most disturbed, insecure, and sad people... .

• Generally no. But in some cases, like I have long hair because it looks good but it would a lot easier having short hair

• In some ways this is very true. In others, not so much.

• In what ways do you think it it true?

• If someone thinks they aren't quite up to standard in terms of looks, and deems themselves as ugly, other peoples beauty may be painful to them as it damages their esteem.

What Girls Said 7

• As a beautician, I see people go through insane amounts of pain sometimes to achieve a look. I know people who are allergic to bleach that still demand to be blonde and they deal with the burning.

The example that you used is a very literal sense of the phrase. The burning sensation is what makes your lips look plump. So in that right, yeah. Pretty sure it was a phrase coined back when women were burning their faces and pinching their cheeks to achieve beauty and just kind of kept being said to others. Like back in the 50s when it was top priority for a woman to be beautiful so that she could get a husband and start a family.

• it is so fucking true. my friend used to burn her forehead curling her hair. beauty is crap.

• She should be more careful D :

• Yea it's pain. Either painful or just a plain pain in the butt. Being female is hard.

• Pretty hurts...

• I think, beauty is happiness, because when you're happy, you feel confident and confident happy people are the most attractive. I wouldn't want to go through pain to be beautiful, :)

• I think that's bullshit. Beauty is who you are, you shouldn't have to hurt for that. You don't need anyone's approval to be beautiful.

• Sometimes depending on what your doing