Why does she think she has to look her best when ever she's around me, does she expect something from it?

This really sweet pretty girl always tries to look her best when she knows she'll be around me. She'll act all happy & comfortable one second, then nervous, anxious, and scared the next. Last Thursday, I told her she looks beautiful when she dresses up but at the same time she doesn't have to dress up to impress me or seek my approval. I told her that who she actually is by being nice and her attitude means more to me than how she tries to look. The very next day she dresses up again, and was acting nervous, anxious, and sad. Why does she think she has to look her best when ever she's around me, does she expect something from it?

When she's not around me, she just dresses normal. She always shows up late too when she dresses up & knows I'll be around, like sitting next to me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I can relate to this girl! I never leave the house unless I'm "dressed" and I will surely not go around a crush if not. I think it was really sweet of you that you let her know that you like her for who she is. But maybe this is just her style? Perhaps she likes to keep a more polished look. All I can say is compliment her on how nice she looks because she is obviously working hard to look good for you. And I think the anxiety is because she may have took what you said wrong. She may feel as if you don't like her 'look' and was trying to break it to her nicely. Try explaining it again in a better way, "You always look nice, I hope you know you don't have to impress me.". But overall, just let her dress the way she wants. Hope that helps.

What Girls Said 15

• well you have two options

-Either she likes you a lot and she's dressing up for you and you can't blame us gurls( you guys do care about looks) whether you admit it or not... so we take extra time by dressing up and looking perfect or at least flawless just to look good for you, which means that we also care about you in our world... if she doesn't care about you she would see you in her pjs everynight and look horrible even when you take her out!

-the other option is what if that's her style? ever thought about that? what if you re imagining stuff and you re trying to get something out of all this, when it could be nothing but her style and her mood! we dontlike to dress up all the time and we don't like to look casual all the time as well.. it happens!

• Hm, this shouldn't be a complaint so I hope it isn't. If she tries to look her best around you, it means she's attracted to you, and she wants to make herself as appealing as possible to you. The nerves are also a giveaway. Sometimes, dressing up also gives people the confidence to say or do something they may not have otherwise, perhaps it makes her feel stronger and better. It doesn't have to be solely about how it impacts you or makes you feel. Don't shoot her down if she's dressing up and tell her she doesn't have to. Appreciate it. I hope you are showering and making yourself look presentable for her too, no one wants to be with a slob. Dressing up is a good sign, not a bad one. If she starts looking like crap, it's because she doesn't care about you or herself, so be happy.

• She's a women who had been raised on too much advertising and hyperbole that says to "catch" a man she should present herself in a certain way. The nervousness comes from feeling uncomfortable about trying to be something she's not and because she's more concerned with the outcome and result she's wanting than to actually be enjoying herself in the moment. I agree - she should dress for herself and no one else. The mere fact she's going all out tells me she lacks confidence in her own unigue ability to interest a man. You have two choices - one is to actually tell her you appreciate her efforts but would be more pleased if she dressed to make herself comfortable...or you can run for the hills because she lacks confidence and self-esteem since she's so concerned with what you may think of her.

• She likes you! Obviously a lot, it's not rocket science. No one wants someone they really like to see them average, it feels like they'll have no interest. I know it's stupid but she just wants your attention.

• omg this sounds like me..except for the guy saying I'm beautiful part :P we do this because we want to impress you! we don't want to look like sh*t around you guys and trust me...we can look like sh*t when we don't put in any effort. and aren't y'all all about looks anyway?

• well duh. she wants to look gorgeous for you. she liiikes youu. =p

but in all seriousness, if she's taking all that extra time just for you (and yes, it is a LOT of extra time), you should be incredibly flattered. don't tell her not to dress up for you - that's about the ultimate diss, even if it's obvious you're being sweet.

• She probably just wants to make sure she looks her best when going out with u. You wouldn't go on a date with a girl dressed badly right? Maybe the next day she was just nervous because you went and confront her about it. Dressing up makes people feel sexy and confident, this isn't a bad thing. Its not like she is in her house with you but still dressing up. Cut her some slack, some girls are just like that.

• SHE LIKES YOU. She is trying to get your attention by dressing up. If anything she is expecting you to notice her.

• because she likes you.

• CUZ SHE LIKE YOU! DUHHHHHHHHH

• She's obviously trying to impress you, so don't be to hard on her for that...Maybe just casually say "So when do I get to see your casual side"? *Smile*

Also, if she's young, she may be a little unsure of herself...

• Girls love to make an effort espeially if she knows a guy is going to appreciate it.

Just make sure she knows that you think she looks great.

• its normal to dress up when you know your gonna be around a guy you like. its not necessarily about him, no offense but a lot of guys think everything we do and wear is about them...maybe she feels more confident when she looks put together. personally if its a guy I'm into I want to look nice around him not in flip flops and pajama pants

• Ah, as everyone said, she likes you. Just let her dress up. It makes a girl feel good to look her best in front of you, it would be so much worse if she was a total slob, it would mean she didn't care.

• How do you know that she is dressing up for you?

• By comparing to how she dresses when she's obviously not around me.

• She's done this for 3 straight weeks, ever since she found out I might like her.

• Whether she does it for you or not, you shouldn't comment on it except to say that she looks nice (if you like her back). Personally, I go through phases of dressing up. She might do too. Now that you have commented on it, she probably feels awkward and confused. Just a hint for the future.

What Guys Said 4

• Maybe shew wants you to be proud that you are with a woman that takes pride in herself.

Maybe she does it for herself and NOT YOU. Ever thing it';s not REALLY all about you?

However, from the way you explain her actions I would say she wants to get your attention. But if you are carrying the chip on your shoulder like you sound you are I think she might end up disappointed.

Why do you ask "does she want something for it?"

• Wow your clueless. A girl dresses nice for a guy because she likes him. Period. I think you should consider yourself lucky and happy to have a girl who goes out of her way to dress up for you. The real question here is, does she deserve your notices?

• I just want to throw this out there.. I know exactly what you mean!

No matter how many times I tell a girl she can be comfortable around me, she's always dressing up and worrying about her hair and everything.

• Yeah, she probably thinks ur a jerk and she wants 2 dump you but is anxious and nervous 2 do it herself, so she wants YOU 2 make the move.