Is it worth it to spend a lot of money on makeup?

I am 19 and don't have a full time job. I mostly wear high end makeup because it looks the best on me. My face reacts on drugstore foundation. It also makes me break out. I mostly use high end foundation, mascara, face powder conceler. Is it ok to spend a lot of money on a foundation and mascara that will be used up in a few months?

Most Helpful Guy

• No not worth it most guys don't notice. Maybe buy one or two itesm just to have something around...

Most Helpful Girl

• You can spend your money however you like, though I honestly don't see the point in spending a ton of money on expensive makeup (that's just my opinion though.) It's perfectly fine though ^_^

What Guys Said 3

• A lot of people like little or no make up

• I know a commented on a girl face with something like "there are little face on your make up" .. too much is not likely good..

• You gotta do what you gotta do!

What Girls Said 3

• No

You don't really need foundation if you have good skin and this may sound dumb but work on that instead of your make up skills.
    The cosmetic industry has long been a kinda toilet for all kinds of chemicals that have no use elsewhere. high end or low end.

Not to mention that products from i. e. aldi frequently outperform their high end counterparts

• it's totally fine, actually I think make up should have a certain standard or quality and especially if your skin is so sensitive you should be careful with what you put on your face ;) I'm a student, I don't earn any money yet but I always use bobby brown and estee lauder cosmetics because they're the best to me and I've never had any problems with my skin

• Yeah that's fine. I do sometimes too!