Are 4 inch heels too high for work in an office setting?

K I'm going to stick with yes 4' and above are too high for the office since no one of office professional age responded.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 3

• I agree. As an employer I respect people's need to be professional and yet feel comfortable at work. The only reason for a woman to wear 4" heels on the job is the same as it is in public... to attract male attention. That is what after hours personal time is for.

• with your smile i don't think anyone would notice the shoes, stunning

• Depends on the office and the outfit worn with the heels... hard to visualize...

What Girls Said 10

• Depends on the shoe. If it is a plain classy looking shoe then the 4' wouldn't be to bad but if you walk like a calf in them then they are never appropriate. For office it is a bit more professional to stick with 3' and under. Unless of course you are a boss trying to intimidate male coworkers who are tall ;-)

• hmm, i personally wouldn't go 4 if I'm working for a long time. i think 3 is fine, or id just wear something flat but classy.

• Personally I wear no more than a 3" heel in my office.. And I also keep a very comfy pair of flats available should my feet start crying out! :)

Mind you, I am 5' 10" so anything higher than 4" tends to look rather ridiculous.

Oh, and you may care to take note that I do consider myself, at the age of 25, to be an "office professional" as I happen to own my businesses.. I would therefore very much like to know at WHAT age you consider to be acceptable to become an "office professional"

• No they are not

• Nope I'm a fan of power moves. But don't wear them on an interview.

• Nah, I wouldn't think so.

• Only if you can't walk in them

• Yes and mainly for security reasons.

• Not to me.

• 4 inch heels are alright for work in an office setting.