Why girls don't like it when guy wear make up but they do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Because we see make-up as something feminine and you know, we like to look feminine and a guy manly.

• Oh... that's great but if you wear make up then you will look beutyful but how guy can look handsome without wearing make up

• But is it mean that guys don't need to look and guys are not looking good

What Girls Said 12

• i think it's one of those gender things we're still not used to. like if we ever get used to guys wearing skirts and wearing makeup, it's gonna take some time, and i believe a lot of us will be REALLY old IF that mindset was to become more popular.

• Great, in your opinion which one is good
      Guys wearing make up and skirts and make up or not interested in that change

• Haha... that is problem with girls
      First you (girls) need to learn word clam down my dear cute ladies

• First let me give you clarity I am no talking about it
      I am just talking about going to fights with guys in subway and always try to show that we can do what ever a man do and refusing if man trying to help

• I'm not sure on that. Honestly I think it's because society has said makeup is for women, not men. But I don't think it matters anyone should be able to do whatever they want with themseleves. I don't see why some things are gender specific, it makes no sense to me.

• So if a guy wear make up and walk in the strrets then people are ready to accept him, I am mainly talking about girls

• @SweetCaroline17
      Why?

• And? It still society preventing men from doing it now. Any man who does you can almost always hear people snicker or say something about it.

• 1) Because a lot of us aren't attracted to that. Some women are.

2) It's not a double standard. I haven't seen any guy look good with make-up. Ever. I'm not saying you CAN'T wear make-up, but I don't prefer my guys to do it.

• Why you don't like guys wearing make up?

• I haven't seen any girls look good with makeup either. Not more attractive than they normally were, anyways. They made OK look "OK with paint", and bad look worse.

• Your subjective view means nothing to anyone besides yourself. Other guys and plenty of women would disagree with you.

• It's always been a girly thing for the older generation such as our parents who are all probably in their 50's they probably won't like it.

But my generation I reckon are a lot more accepting of it, some guys put makeup on better than I do. I feel like asking them to do it for me haha

• OK
      Will you date a guy who wear it
      Be honest please

• I wouldn't no

• Why don't to you know
      You know you know your mind right so to whom you will like more makeup person or non

• Adam Lambert wears make up i think he's fine and after i seen him in glee i was like ohh lawd can i buy you.. too bad he's gay

• I don't mind.

• The guy without make-up, because it's what most people are used to.

• Why? why?

• It looks wrong on men. It takes away the essence of a man being manly. Why would you want to wear make up in the first place? There's no pressure on you to look pretty. I think some guys want to do it just because females do it, just to copy, why else?

• You said, copy
      Girls copying many

• And I am not wearing it just supporting those people

• Because girls want guys to look hansome not pretty.

• That mean guys don't need make up but girls must and should
      What it means?

• So, you girls wear make up and become beutyful so we attracted to you then how you attracted to us because we don't wear make up we don't look good like you
      Right?

• Oh my gosh! Again, consider yourself LUCKY that you don't need to wear makeup. I'm done talking. Goodbye.

• I consider it a girly thing.

• Because of gender bias. And societies gender ideals.

• So, you are saying that guys have to wear make up but not ok for spcite so don't wear
      Is that is your point

• They aren't attracted to it. There is nothing that can be done about it. You can't exactly trick attraction.

• Why,
      Ok, of guys are not attracted then why you liking them

• Because we want a boyfriend who looks like a man, not a woman

What it means?

• 1. I'm at college and so are most of the guys I date. Generally neither of us have much money and we pay for what we order (if it was a dinner date) or split the bill evenly. I don't really like the guy paying the full bill because then I'd feel obligated to spend money on him too (and I don't want him to feel like that either if I payed the full bill). On the other hand if he payed for the full date as a birthday present or something (or vice versa), it wouldn't mind.
      2. I'd pay for what I had ordered (if it was a dinner date) or split the bill evenly, like I explained in 1.
      3. Yea, I have a job, I also have to pay for transport to college, rent, etc.
      4. I don't actually have a boyfriend at the moment. But if I did and we were living together, I'd expect him to do a fair share of housework.
      5. I think it's kinda sexist that men should have to pay and women go for free. They should charge everyone the same amount.

• Thanks
      and have you ever went to any club like that are seen

What Guys Said 6

• It's because makeup doesn't make anyone look more attractive.

Girls just THINK it makes them look more attractive, but it really doesn't.

• Is this about guys wearing make up?

• lololololololol

no idea...

• Ok
      Cool

• Ok
      Cool
      I got it

• Why don't girls like it when men wear dresses when they do?

• because feminismsmsm

• I'm a Feminist and I say that there's nothing wrong with men wearing make-up. If they want to, they can. That doesn't mean that people should automatically be attracted them though due to the fact that that is not how attraction works.

Anything else stupid to say?

• Is it don't attract men to woman?
      @RationalLioness

• It depends on the make-up. Girls will say they don't like guys in make-up but I think that just because they are using feminine make-up as a reference. Think about it, every male actor in every movie you've ever seen was wearing make-up. Every television appearance, every photo-shoot, every guy was wearing make up I promise you. Chris Hemsworth was wearing make-up in Thor and the gals still went nuts. It's just a matter of how you apply it.

Tell me I'm wrong ladies.

• You're totally right sir.

• and if they do have a problem then you inform them that pretty much every single hot guy they've every seen in the media is wearing make up and that what they think is actually culturally ingrained insanity.

• That's real a cool idea