Hair question?

When is the best time to wash your hair...i have heard it is bad to wash it right before bed. should it be completely dry before you go to bed? or what?

Most Helpful Girl

• Speaking as an ex hairdresser it really doesn't make any difference what time you wash your hair. Its really whatever time suits you. There is a myth that still exists that if you brush your hair 100 times before going to bed it will make it shine. Well that's rubbish, you're more likely to end causing damage to it.

With regards to having dry hair before going to bed it really doesn't matter. I frequently go to bed with wet hair in the summer when its too hot to put the hair dryer on it and have never suffered any ill effects, in fact I've found it a nice way to keep cool in the warmer weather. Although I probably wouldn't recommend this time of year. Going to bed with wet hair is also a good way of prepping your hair if you are thinking about either curling it the next day. By wrapping it up in curlers or rags, you've done half the work already. Hair creates bonds while it is drying and that's how your hair keeps it style. Once you get your hair wet again, these bonds are destroyed.

It is always better to make sure your hair is about 75% dry before you think about blow drying it properly, and then you can style with a round brush or paddle brush to however you like using the cooler setting on the hairdryer. Never ever attempt to straighten your hair while its still wet, not only will you ruin your hair but you'll also risk blowing up your GHD's as well.

What Guys Said 2

• I wake up, shower, dry my head a bit so it's not dripping, go eat my breakfast, watch some stargate =D and then fix it before I walk to school. I usually have to wet it at school because it frizzes but that's because all I do is shampoo it and then brush it.

• I know that if you leave your hair wet and don't dry it immediately, you start experiencing headaches. When my sisters take baths before going to bed, they usually blowdry soon after.

What Girls Said 2

• I usually take mine in the morning just because I sometimes sweat at night. Also, beds aren't the cleanest of places.

• i do it before bed