Why is it weird for guys to wear women's clothing, but not weird for women to wear men's clothing?

I thought this was kind of weird. A women can wear baggy guy's clothing, and nobody bats an eye. But if a guy wears women's clothes, people get offended.

I saw a post about a boy being sent home from school for wearing a skort and a Frozen sweater. I mean, people should be able to wear what they want, right?

Why does this happen?

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess its just more of the cutting of girls clothes makes it look awkward on guys but really it shouldn't matter, clothes are clothes, they just represent who people are and if they want to express it in that way it should be fine, i think its just mainly media and stuff that is going against it a lot

What Guys Said 11

• It's about being masculine or feminine, a woman can be masculine in ways because it means she's strong, athletic. But if a man chooses to be feminine, he just seems weaker, men are in general naturally stronger than women. And women are naturally more caring than men. A woman can be stronger than average, and still be caring, but a man who is weaker, won't become as good as women at being caring. It throws the mechanism out of whack basically.

A weaker man, is a less able man, less dependable, especially if they have to be treated like women, who are generally more emotional.

• Because men wearing feminine clothing makes them a Nancy. It's just another double standard.

This one needs to stay though.

• it's not weird... people r free 2 wear wotever they want in my opinion 8)

• Because it has always been a man's job to protect and provide up until now. A feminine man is a useless man.

• I consider jeans gender neutral but some really masculine stuff looks weird on girls like a buzz cut or a tuxedo. Just looks out of place I guess.

Also being masculine is much more pressured on guys then being feminine is on girls I think.

• well if there's a uniform then i can see why, such as a school or other institution, but apart from that yes people should be able to wear what they want

• Women's clothing looks weird on guys. I can ask why is it ok for girls to date good looking guys 9 times out of 10 and no one questions her? But if a guy only dated hot girls he's only interested in sex, Or why is it OK for women to date rich guys but not ok for guys to date girls for their bodies?

• While a girl wearing men's clothes is considered to be bold, strong and with a mission - a boy wearing girl clothes is considered as a weakling, not to mention a circus joker

• Because society generally imposes a standard of masculinity on men. Remember what they say "boys don't cry".

• good question. i'm gonna follow it

• Most likely is because it's been looked down on by other men for a very long time.

What Girls Said 8

• Double standards.

• The Scots wear their tartan skirts in special occasions and the middle eastern men wear this long dress.

• People should be able to wear what they want but unfortunately conservative societies will frown upon it.

• Because women's clothing is more revealing and tighter...

• I don't know. I personally don't like the idea of women wearing men's clothing either.

• There are things which you'll never be able to explain. It's like why don't we want to have sex with dumb people if we're not gonna have stupid kids from them anyways? Just because . And no, I don't think that he should be wearing skirts to school. It's just embarrassing.

• I never really understood people's thing to be honest.

• My boyfriend wears women shoes sometimes!! He look hot in heels, expect he has big feet!!

• It is a social, double standard thing. Women in men's clothing look strong, powerful and still feminine while men in women's clothing are considered feminine and sissy-like.