Girls, What does understated mean? HELP?

What does understated mean? Let say if someone says to me 'you're best going understated' what does that mean?

5

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 4

• It could also mean not to be to flashy, or not to make a scene. Would need a little more context to what was being talked about to be sure

• I texted my best friend asking her an opinion about a prom dress I bought and I explained to her that another friend of mine had the same colour of dress and she replied with 'You're best going understated'

• Then I would think she meant that your dress is better and not to try and make it better by adding unnecessary accessories and let the dress shine.

• It means your dress is too flashy for you to pull off

• I need more context to decide what they truly meant.

• it means you're not getting enough credit.