Girls, 18 - 19 year olds would you date a 29 year old?

Ok. Is age just a number or does it matter?
Ready set go

• Yea
    32% (9)
  • No
    64% (18)
  • Maybe
    4% (1)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

12

Most Helpful Girl

• I would. I can only connect with people who are older than me so..

• Yeah you'd probably be very mature and intelligent for your age.

• Highly intelligent? You sound very cocky there. I wouldn't say im highly intelligent but I am way more matured than people my age. Nah, not all. Some of my sisters friends are pretty cool tbh.

• Well I say highly because everyone is intelligent but some are more so than others. There's no such thing as stupid people.

What Girls Said 11

• You're too old for a girl that age. Look for someone who's at least 22+

• Why?

• Because right now she's maybe a sophomore in college and you've been out doing your own thing for a long time. She's not even old enough to drink yet. A ten year age gap isn't a big deal, but give her time to grow up first.

• I'm not 18-19 anymore, but when I was, someone who was 29 seemed wayyyy too old for me. Now that I'm 29, 18-19 year olds seem wayyyyy too young for me. They seem like kids to me, even if they are mature for their age.

• Yeah but you're comparing guys my age to guys their age. Obviously the mature difference is stark. Girls tend to be more mature than guys anyway

• Maybe a bit, on average (though there are plenty of very mature young men, and very immature young women), but you seem to be greatly overestimating it. Regardless of the fact that girls brains tend to mature a bit faster than boys, a lot of the maturing we do comes from life experience. You have 10 years more life experience as an adult than 18-19 year olds do. These are girls who have just graduated high school or could still be in high school (since some people turn 18 while still in HS). Yeah, women often date guys who are a bit older than themselves, but it's usually not 10 years, at least not at that age. If you think that you have the same maturity level as an 18-19 year old girl, you must be really immature.

At 29, I have two university degrees, a professional career, have lived on my own for 10 years, pay bills, do my taxes, have been in a long-term relationship that's equivalent to half the age of an 18 year old girl. Someone our age could even have been married and

• divorced, have children, etc. I don't know what your life experience has been, but if you think it's somewhere on par with someone who has just graduated high school, that's a bit concerning.

• Some would, some wouldn't.

Some. who would - expect something > ad least for you not to be a loser.
    Some are delusional into thinking it's more than just physical for the guy (or that he is dating them for pure reasons, not because they're so young he could actually brainwash her into being the kind of person he wants her to be) and others just wouldn't.

• Well I'm not 18 or 19 but I would date 29 year old in a heartbeat if he is my type. I like older guys. I'm sure there would be 18 or 19 year old girls who would date someone your age. A lot of girls like older guys.

• I could be attracted to someone that age but no I wouldn't date them. From my p. o. v they're like an adult and I'm still a baby lmao

• I'm 22 and I would not date anyone over 28.

• Hell yeah. I only want older men.

• If I liked them enough yeah why not

• I am older than that and I'd probably still wouldn't date a 29 year old.

• No. I'm very mature for my age but still, no.

• Personally, I wouldn't

• Freedom to choose is the best freedom we have.

• Yeah, I have a couple of friends who would though. I just prefer guys closer to my own age.

• It's cool. If people judge you ignore them.