How to make big, round eyes look smaller and thinner?

I have a friend who has big eyes and she's been looking for makeup tricks that will make her large eyes appear smaller. Share if you guys know any such trick!

Most Helpful Girl

• this is honestly the first time i've heard someone who wanted to make their eyes smaller...
    cateye (winged eyeliner), black waterproof liner on the waterline, highlighter/white shimmer in the inner corner, smoky eye shadow, shape brows to be a bit thinner and extend them a bit...

What Guys Said 5

• I can't believe I'm giving makeup advice to a girl. Lol.
    Basically u make a thin line on the top and bottom and add more to the sides. By creating an almond or oval shape around ur eye, it appears to make it thinner and elongated.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/BT_yI43u2aE/hqdefault.jpg

• Sorry i couldn't find a great pic, but i think u get the idea.

• only with surgery u can change yer eyes... sorry :-/

• cat eye makeup

..

• Blood transfusion from a chinaman.

• Pull chink face all the time.

What Girls Said 4

• I notice waterline makes it smaller. Or putting eye liner the bottom of eyes but a thin lining of it xD

• okay so lining a thin layer on the lower waterline helps? And what about the upper waterline?

• If you do the cat eye make up on top but thinner that helps too! I've done it many times and it made em thinner and mad lookin haha xD

• But I always like making my eyes bigger xD

• Make them longer by extending lids and brows. But why not go to a beauty salon and ask advice there and the corresponding mascara.

• Pretty much every eye-makeup technique is used to make the eyes appear bigger. Winged eyeliner elongates the eyes, eyeshadow brings more depth to them and mascara brightens and widens your eyes.

The only technique that I can think of is to put eyeliner on your waterline. This might create "racoon eyes" if you put a lot but that's cool if thats the look you're going for

• Using black mascara on your waterline will help reduce the size of your eyes.

• oh okay, lower or upper waterline? or both?

• I use it on on the waterline (lower) and that does the trick for me... I'm too ticklish to do it on my upper lash line.