Make-me-up baby??

Why do most guys say they like the natural look, that is with no make-up of course. When in fact I'm almost certain they do like girls that wear make-up and with that I mean applying make-up correctly so that is looks natural. No dark, bright lipstick, scary metallic eye shadows, flaky mascara...I agree that looks awful. Say for instance a guy's going out with a girl, he keeps on telling her she shouldn't wear make-up, she stops worrying so much about how she looks...few months down the line...he suddenly looks at her and wonders where's the hot girl he went out with in the beginning. I know it might sound like I'm generalizing, I know not all guys are like that but it's happened with a few of my friends so I can't help but wonder...

Most Helpful Girl

• Yup. Aside from the fact that also some of the following things occur:

- A guy says he prefers girls with no makeup, but what he really means is if she looks gorgeous naturally. Given a girlfriend who looks stunning in makeup but a bit dead without, he'll prefer her in her makeup. Had it happen.

- A guy looks at a girl who's really good at applying makeup and thinks she looks really gorgeous, so then he says to her, 'you really don't need all that makeup!' thinking that when she takes it off she'll look just as stunning, only natural, so even better. So she does... and she looks a bit dead. And he regrets ever saying it. Yup, had it happen.

I gave up on that. In my case the fact is that my skills with makeup far outweigh my natural beauty. I like how I look with makeup, but as soon as I take it off, I remember why, until I discovered eyeliner, I always felt so hideously ugly. Even my best guy friend thinks I look kinda scary without it!

What Guys Said 2

• There is such thing as well-done makeup, yes, but a girl so classy that she knows how to pull it off is probably not going to need it in the first place.

• No. Disagree. Just because a girl is well-practised enough to know how to apply perfect makeup, doesn't mean she's a supermodel underneath.

• I think you misunderstood what I was saying, because I agree with what you said entirely. :)

• As opposed to girls, I think its harder for guys to tell whether a girl is wearing makeup or not because they're not familiar with the mechanics. My sister had to explain to me how to tell whether the redness on the cheek is natural or not.

What Girls Said 3

• I think they say they like no makeup, but they really like the natural look... and think that the girl's not wearing makeup... lol

• arhhh I hate how some of my friends are known as 'stunning' when really theyre plain as hell and just experts at applying makeup

but hey, I guess that's just how life is.

guys claim they prefer 'natural' girls but I once had a guy who prefered me all made up and with straightened hair (mines naturally really curly)

but yeah, its such a knock to your ego when guys are like that, but whatever... the people that matter should like you how you are.

• This is why I don't listen to what guys say regarding makeup. They don't know about it! No offense to guys but when they say they don't like makeup I think they are talking mainly about cakeface and "looking like you're wearing makeup". If you don't wear makeup yourself you can't tell me anything about wearing it. Most women wear makeup just to cover up minor flaws that we all have. If they are expecting girls to look as perfect without it most of them are gonna be disappointed.