What do you do with negative opinions on you and your style?

What do you do and how do you react to 'haters.' What is your response to people who don't agree with what you do or wear? Do you argue back? Question them? Use it to imrpove yourself? Ignore it? Dwell on it in secret? How do you handle negative or disagreeing opinions on you and the way you do things?

NOTE: Not only on what you wear, but the way you do things and your beliefs also. If someone were against what you believe in how do you react? Also would you take a new road if a person offered to change you? Or something about you? Take religion for example; Would you convert religions if someone offered help?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't argue. I laugh and ask them who they are. When they respond, I tell them that they aren't a government official who dictates the laws on what I wear, therefore, they're insignificant and big headed for thinking they're important enough for me to give a single shit.

• Good! Also what about if they go against other things. Not only your style, but the way you do things and you beliefs. Would you take a new path if someone tried to change your mind on something new?

• Thank you for MHO. :)

• no problem :)

What Guys Said 7

• Depends.
    If advice, opinion is made polite, not insulting, not patronizing I will think about it. If they are open to discussion or want to discuss - I would, if I'm interested, discuss it to learn/teach. Some topics I find very interesting.

Otherwise I ignore it, try to go away, can insult back.

• i just don't care... my life my rules 8)

• I try to take into consideration what they're saying if what I'm saying or doing is actually problematic but if it doesn't affect them or anyone in any negative way then thy can go fuck themselves. Secretly I do care but I'm working to fix that attitude
    If I'm having an argument I do actually listen to wha there saying in case I'm wrong, there's nothing worse than people going down in arguments swingin

• People don't seem to hate on it they just seem to notice it way too much.

• I see if I agree with their comment. If I do I take it to heart if I don't then I inore an ridicule them

• I'm just like: I don't give a shit about your negative feedback. Join the line of people who judge.

• What quite a few people say. That's good!

• Everyone has enemies... 😂
      And yup, don't let them get to you

• Not really talking about enemies. More like peers. and society around you. And thanks for the advice!

• I ignore them I don't give a fuck what people say or think.

What Girls Said 7

• I don't care, I wear a lot of black and people always used to always tell me I wore too much black but I like what I like so it's not really my problem, now that i've gotten older people love my style so it didn't matter in the long run to listen to anyone anyway lol

• No, just rise above it and move on. Pretend the offender is so far beneath you that her comments matter not at all.

• I've learned not to give a shit about what people think about me. If I want to wear the shirt soaked with my latest victims blood on it to work, then I'm gonna do it despite what people think of me

• Nobody ever says anything about my style so I have no idea.

• I ignore it because I am comfortable with myself and my choices. At the end of the day, you have to live with you, so be the person you want to live with.

• I dismiss it, lol.
    Doesn't matter.

• I just ignore them because I'm the one wearing it.