Hard or soft luggage?

I'm going on a vacation in a few days and I'm torn between my two lugguage pieces. I have a small/medium sizes hard cover lugguage. So hard I packed it, and everything fits, and I even have about 14 inches of extra space. While I was packing my mom came in and she was like "they're gonna break that". Well, I;ve had the lugguage for 2 years and have only ever used it for car travel, nothing like this trip. We are going via train. I also have this really old soft luggage. It's pink and kinda stained and it has a few holes. I paacked it to see if my things will fit, and theyre very snug, I wouldn't be able to bring anything bigger than an extra tshirt, but I guess I would care if it got a new stain or two. Which is the better option? Old and kinda sturdy or shiny and new?

• Hard cover lugguage
  • Soft cover lugguage

Most Helpful Guy

• Having worked in an airport, I can tell you that hard luggage protects until it fails CATASTROPHICALLY and then it's basically destroyed. I've had the same pair of suitcases (soft fabric) for almost two decades. They're nearing the end of their lives now... but they've gone through a LOT.

If you're going by train, will there be a baggage car or will it be racks in each coach? I ask because if it's just going to be racks, you might have trouble fitting that big hard cover bag.

• they usually check it and put it on this giant wagon thing

• i mean do they break people's things often?

• They don't set out to break them, but sometimes things happen. Train jostles going over a switch, bags shift and one falls over. Like I said, I worked at an airport and watched the baggage handlers up close. Most flights you'd have no damaged bags at all, don't be too worried about it. If you have anything delicate that you can't carry on with you, you probably know by now to put it in a plastic bag and wrap it in a sweater or coat to protect and cushion it.

What Guys Said 2

• *waits at terminal to open its doors*
    *looks lazily through large glass window at airport's area*
    *here rides a trolley loaded full with people's luggage*
    *someone's luggage falls on asphalt at full speed*
    *they pick it up and start to throw all baggage into section of airplane*

In trains we are allowed to take luggage with ourselves, no matter how big.

• hard... they r gonna b safer at way in my opinion :)

What Girls Said 4

• Hard luggage!

• They won't break the hard cover luggage on the train. They probably wouldn't even break it on a plane.

• Shiny and new

• Get the hard cover luggage.