What do you think of this model?

A size-22 model has broke all the standards of beauty and is the first of her size to have a major modeling contract.

What do you think of this model?

At just 5'5", Tess Holliday is significantly shorter than most of today’s fashion models. But it’s not the Los Angeles resident’s height that’s causing such a buzz. Holliday wears a size 22, whereas plus-size models in the industry traditionally wear sizes 8 to 16. Now London-based Milk Model Management has signed 29-year-old Holliday, making her the largest plus-size fashionista to ever land a major modeling contract. It’s a sweet reward for the tattooed stunner who was bullied in school and gets plenty of modern-day hate on social media for her appearance. Click through to see how Holliday's confidence and gorgeous good looks (those eyebrows!) are upending society's body-shaming messages.

What at do you think?

Lol, I personally think she has a beautiful face. 😊 Now I'm not skinny person, and I currently wear a size 14 pant size. but I am doing something about it. I want to get down to at least a size 10 or 9. This kind of makes me feel more secure with myself, and I don't need people constantly saying that I am fat, because I sure as hell know it. It's not cool to body shame, but I think a healthy way of living should be encouraged, not forced upon.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's great that she loves herself and her body, and I think it's fine to encourage others to love themselves, fat rolls and all. BUT I don't think obesity should be glorified, or seen as something beautiful, because it's not. I do think anyone who body shames her though, should just go dig their own graves, because that kind of behavior is disgusting, nothing less.

What Guys Said 17

• honestly... she's obese. even if i like chubby gals... no :/

• She has her appeal but oooohhh myyyy god , her arms are the size of some people's thighs!!!

• Haha, yeah. I'm glad my arms at least look thin.

• OF CCCOURRSE IT IS!

Not everyone has the same bone structure or height/width ratio. Now THAT is genetics. What you can change is what is built on top of the bones.

Bodyfat caliper is how you measure it.

• I'm not that fat then. :(

• No. Just no. Not my type whatsoever. I don't want to be dating someone that I am going to have to worry about them having a heart attack from being so unhealthy.

• Haha, she's quite fat, but she has a pretty face to me

• Nice face, but certain things make it hard for her to be my type.

• She is definitely a new kind of "models" that I'm not used to see, but by saying she is healthy, she is fooling herself. Plus her tattoos creep the heck out of me.

• I think she looks nice

• Her head doesn't look like it be on belongs to the rest of her body.
    I think its great that she's happy and confident with herself though.
    Imagine how boring life would be if we all looked the same.

• Good for her

• Fat chicks are hot but not obese turn off sorry and plus tattoos is also a turn off.

• whatever floats your boat... or the modelling industry's boat, rather... I personally think she is not hot...

• Not my type.

• God did not intend for this. There is a beauty to the body and this misses it completely

• Ugly stupid tattoos. She'd be pretty if she lost weight and didn't have those tats.

• 😦😧😟😬😖

• thats pretty gross

• No she's unhealthy and I'm not about to encourage that

• She has a beautiful face...
    I've seen slimmer versions of girls who looks like her... she would be wonderful smaller... but that's my input about it, but to each their own.

What Girls Said 20

• I think she is quite gorgeous. (:

Yes, she is obesely overweight, so hopefully she is working on her weight and/or health, but all in all, I think she is beautiful from the inside out.

• Size 22? Is she blind? No way is she fitting into size 22 clothes. No way on earth. If you're going to be fat and proud then be proud and honest, don't lie about your size while proclaiming to 'own' it.
    I'm not shaming her but I don't see the point of her modelling. She isn't displaying the clothes in a way that would sell as they are just hidden by her large size. It's just controversy to gain attention for the brand. That's not hating that's just a fact. She isn't a normal shape and clothes are designed for human bodies. Don't quite get the point of it all.

• They just did it for attention I guess

• UNHEALTHY. Warning, warning. Heart attack imminent.

• I love her. Because she embodies what I feel it means to be confident. And she doesn't shame any sizes. She promotes self confidence at any size. Plus I think she's gorgeous. Could she lose weight? Of course. She actually works out and all. She's not promoting obesity like most people say. Her 'Effyourbeautystandards' campaign promotes self love.

• I agree with you. Thanks for not saying "she's fat". I'm sure she knows she is.

• People can be so rude sometimes.

• They most certainly can

• I think she's beautiful also, her face is beautiful and it's great that she has so much confidence. I wish she would lose weight though, just for her health alone.

• She has a surprisingly skinny face for her body.
    I just think she's too much... of everything... o. O

Her face is okay... but... nothing special. Especially for a model.

• Good for her. I'm not much of a fashionista as you call it but I can appreciate what she does for a living despite what people have to say about her. Anyway someone, somewhere can probably look up to her and buys the products she sells so she's profitable for the modeling company.

• Beautiful face and hair!!! Love her fair skin too. I think models SHOULD be all sizes.. Bc we all sure are! ;)
    Some guys like big girls... Some guys like small breasts... Some guys like giant boobs.. To each his own ;) there should be eye candy available for all of em ;)

• She has a pretty face, but she is no better than the super thin runway models.

• Pretty face. That's all.

• Pretty face but I don't think we should celebrate obesity.

• I'm fat and I'm sure as hell not proud of it

• It's unhealthy to be that fat.

• Nice hair. That's a bit all

• She's pretty and I love her hair, but she's not healthy.

• I think she's a pretty lady.

• Yeah she has a pretty face.

• Ummm she's hot! (no homo she's really pretty!!!)

• She is obese but has a beautiful face

• I think she very pretty

• I like her!!

• Anyone wanna bet when she's gonna have a heart attack or a stroke? Or when the world is gonna run out of food cause of her bad eating habits?

• Eh. Skinny people can heart attacks
      And strokes too from chemical imbalance.

• I know, but skinny people won't ever eat my food, and that's all that matters.