Are Eastern Europeans rumored to have bad style?

I've never heard this before, but I read it on here. o. O

I think the pattern with some of these answers is Eastern Europeans who live somewhere else seem to dress badly. O. o Every other person says 'ad least in my country'.

Most Helpful Guy

• It is a bit of a stereotype that was around when the eastern european countries were leaving communist control and were a bit behind the west in many things but now with internet and things I don't think gap exists anymore.

What Guys Said 10

• In a local cafe, there are several Eastern European girls. Some from Poland and Hungary They are always well dressed outside work, and also when at work. They are always polite and helpful.
    There is a Polish couple in the flat upstairs. Again, always polite and well dressed.
    Lastly my mum has an artist friend from Lithuania, who also runs a restaurant in the local big town. She and her husband and two children are the most delightful people you could wish to meet!!

• There are many Eastern Europeans in my country now. The Eastern European women here generally dress better than the native women. But, the Eastern European men generally dress worse than the native men.

• bad style... where?

I know a bunch of russians, and they are gr8 people :D

• 1|0
  • I've travelled to Czech Republic and Hungary and women dressed very nice there.

• Well, in a lot of places its true but that is changing fast. It is more a factor of having been a Soviet Satellite country for so long.

• yes they are and they often prove it to be true :D at least where i live.

• People are different. Media affect their lives.

• Eastern europeans aren't that different then western i th

• Well, it's different and distinct. Often different is bad.

What Girls Said 7

• I've never heard that before at all. I guess someone here just assumed it for some reason. I've been to Eastern Europe and found that people tend to care more about their appearance than we do over here. At least in the southern parts like the Balkans - people just dressed better in my opinion. Not everyone, but many did. My husband is from that region and I think he has pretty good style :)

• Cool. =)
      I haven't seen any bad dressed people around here either... but I live here so...

• I've never heard that!

• "what are you sayink? i look fabulous. and no. i do not want to go fackink bowling roman!"
    www.twinfinite.net/.../nikobellic.jpg

• Well my Irish friend tells me that the Latvs and Polish dress a lot of attire that seems to be back on in the 80s. And their style of clothing or colours seems mismatched. They don't look modern.

• they have a different dressing style than western people, but is that bad? Its just different. Indians also dress differently e. g., is that bad?

• They definitely have... an interesting choice of clothing at times. In my country at least lol

• no never heard that before!