At what age did you dye your hair?

And did it ruin your hair? What age is a good age to dye your hair?

My mom said she will never let me dye my hair.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've never dyed my hair, mostly because I don't want to damage it. My parents don't mind what I do to my hair, because if you do dye your hair, it doesn't matter what age you do it at. It will ruin the hair that's been dyed, but once new hair grows out, it's fine again. When you're younger, in fact, hair grows faster, so your hair won't remain damaged for as long as if you dyed it when you were older.

Even if I did dye it, it would be something bright and colourful, meaning that my school wouldn't allow it anyway.

What Guys Said 5

• My crazy uncle dyed my hair once when I was 13, he told me you will get all the girls. When I saw the results, I went home crying all my family laughed at me. It didn't ruin my hair but it ruined my life :'), because the next day my dad shaved my head cleaaaan.

• i wanna dye them purple when i hit 25 8)

• I've bleach my hair during high school.. I was looking like a 90s Kpop star. -_-

• I got my hair dyed black as really young, not because i wanted amother hair color but we just found it funny to get my hair dyed. Damn that was some awkward weeks in school

• So you did it because your parents thought it would be funny to dye your hair? Lol

• I was in it aswell but my parents thought, ha that would be fun, and also trying to say do not dye your hair.

• Lol that's funny

• 14, green for halloween! But it washed out.

What Girls Said 17

• I was 14 the first time!

• My Mom let me put color in my hair at age 15-16.

• Did it ruin your hair?

• Yup.
      Too much of anything is never good.

• Yes, too much of a good thing is a bad thing

• My hair is naturally blonde and white as fuck so I didn't start even start highlighting my hair until this year and i'm 27 and that's only because it started turning a little darker and I want it even all over lol.

Will she let you highlight it maybe instead?

• I dyed it the first time when I was 15, blue stripes was the idea but it looked terrible. I now have a turqoise underdye, looks a lot better :p it didn't ruin my hair, but then again, I dont have any experience with permanent hair dye. If you are afraid of ruining your hair, try semi-permanent instead.

• 15 and i got a red ombre
    ofc. my parents were initially like "RED? NO WAY"
    but after constant pestering over a year, we agreed that i could, as long as it was not completely dyed
    it didn't damage my hair much at all, i just remembered to condition regularly and trim ends

• Did it look nice and were your parents happy with the results lol

• yeah i really liked it! i guess black contrasts nicely with a cherry red
      my parents were like "eh guess not too bad, but don't spend too much time on your hair now," so they were okay with it

• I was line 11 and it wad left over dye from even my mom cooked her hair. I don't think it's what ruined my hair. I think all the flat ironing of my hair ruined it. That's why now I rarely iron it anymore. I also think 15 is a good time to dye your hair.

• Yeah my mom said the same thing as well.. but she eventually let me dye my hair when I was 14, I think :)

• I wish my mom changes her mind

• She probably will :) but I wouldn't advise it though. The first time was a temporary red that eventually went away, but when you use permanent dye, you have to maintain it every couple of weeks and it's so costly and tiring going to the salon or even just doing it by yourself :/

• It's a nightmare O. O I'm dying back to my natural hair color next week.

• I died mine at 12 my first time. Obviously it caused some damage but not so much that my hem air was falling out. It was just slightly drier but after a week or two it got way better

• There's hair products to fix that

• But you can make homemade stuff but that's hard

• It's not that hard. I don't use shampoo and make a homemade shampoo that's two ingredients.
      a couple of chemicals here as there will not kill you. You probably breath in more chemicals than there are in your shampoo

• I have never dyed my hair, but I want to. I'm really scared to dye my hair, because my hair is so light and thin, it will catch colour really well. I want to dye it strawberry blonde, but I'm afraid it will become orange because of the structure...

• I bleached my hair back when I was 14. It turned into this brassy orange color. My hair color wasn't appealing after I bleached it, plus my hair dried out a lot.

• Why did you bleach it orange?

• My mom and I thought that my hair would turn to auburn but then it turned to brassy orange. So, I didn't mean to turn my hair that color.

• I dyed my hair black when I was 20 because I started graying early. It made my curls dry. I haven't dyes it since then.

• I dyed the front of my hair red when I was 20. Then I dyed it jet black when I was 22.

• i think when i was like 22 yo?

• I will maybe dye my hair at around age 16 - 18 years old.

• I'm 26. I never dye my hair.

• I guess you shouldn't keeping natural hair color is better or use temporary dyes if you want

• At 16... used to dye it light Brown but currently dyeing it light red...

• I want to dye my hair a lighter shade of dark brown

• Sure dye it light Brown no harm in That... i recommend loreal hair dyes are the best...

• Yeah I know