Girls, do you prefer a tanning bed or the sun?

Which works better? Does the tanning bed work faster? Does one cause harmful health effects more than the other?

How fast would a tanning bed get me tan versus the sun and which one lasts longer?

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 10

• I prefer the sun. Although I never really tan, I just burn lol.

• I don't tan, i've excepted that I will always be pale, i'm either pale or I burn, nothing in between. I hate the sun, all I do is lay out in the sun in my bikini sometimes when I want some sun lol.

I don't think too much of either are good for your skin but I think the sun is better, why not try some lotions or spray tans? or just be pale, who cares, it looks awesome on some people.

• I would and could never go into a tanning bed. Just the idea of being closed in freaks me out.

• I prefer none

• Tanning beds are quicker (7 minutes versus 30) by they're more dangerous.

• sun... just because it's more natural and you aren't exposed to UV rays in super concentrated doses

• Tanning in the sun because it is healthier

• I prefer the sun because I think tanning beds have a harmful health effect.

• The sun is tbe best way

• I'd prefer the sun if I could tan...

What Guys Said 3

• I like getting my tan the natural way which is from the sun. It keeps my vitamin D levels where they are supposed to naturally.

• do tanning beds give you that vitamin D?

• yes but the sun causes cancer too...

• Not at the rates that a tanning bed does. Trust me look at the research the amount of radiation from the sun and other background sources such as wi-fi and other things.

• better bed.. sun is kinda dangerous ;)

• Tanning bed you can control your exposure much better