Is baby powder harmful for the skin?

Sometimes I use it when it's too hot outside so I won't sweat or instead of face powder. Though, I' ve heard that it clogs your pores. Is it true?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• No, baby powder is in fact better than most foundations and other powders for use on the face. Baby powder can be used to help dry out your skin, reducing the amount of oil your skin excretes, and therefore does not clog pores; if anything, it reduces clogged pores, as pores are clogged due to the production of oil.

Try not to breath it in too much. There are worries about what it could do to your lungs, although to my knowledge at least, nothing has been proved,

• Make up with Talcum powder in it is horrible for your skin and it does block your pores. Pores get clogged by pollution, and dirt too, not just the oil that sebaceous glands produce.

• Correct. Best to simply avoid anything containing talc. Baby powder is non comedogenic, but everyone is different of course, so keep an eye on your skin.

• Thanks for MHO.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• Talcum powder isn't very good as it blocks your pores but most baby powder now is pure cornstarch. Johnson & Johnson makes a pure cornstarch one that smells like camomile & lavender. It smells really nice!

• i was going to say no, but you have already received that info. I use it too when hot out.

• all powder clogs your pores. wash it off and use a scrub regularly it should be fine

• No it's not!