Do light gray clothes look good if you have a fair complexion?

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends upon your skin color, undertone, eye color, and hair color.

For some people, a light gray will wash them out and look unflattering. For others, it's a great color.

Is that your real picture on your profile? If so, I would not recommend light gray for you, as it will suck the life out of your face. However, you would look very nice with a charcoal gray (medium to dark), but I would avoid black.

Other colors that would really flatter you would be navy blues, pure white, true red, certain shades of pink, as well as dark browns. You can use other colors, of course, but they should be accents, rather than the primary color of your clothing.

• Yes, that's me. All those colours you mentioned do look good on me! As well as burgundy, light beige and dark green. I have to disagree about black, it looks awesome on me. Though, I don't get it why pure white and beige look good on me, while light gray, not only washes me out, but also makes me look kinda sick. Would it make a difference if I combined it with red lipstick? Or if it was a jacket combined with a more flattering colour?

• Hmm, you can mask it. For example, use it as a shirt that is then layered by a navy-blue jacket (the navy blue jacket being the most prominent visual element). That can help you get away with using the color--but why not just use white in that case, since it is more flattering?

The biggest thing is its proximity to your face. The closer an unflattering color is to your face, the more it is going to be unflattering, lol. Also, if it's the dominant color in your outfit, rather than just an accessory, it will be very unflattering. BUT, you could definitely use that "unflattering" color for your pants, and it won't have any negative effect, provided your shirt/jacket is a color that suits you.

Red lipstick may help, but it's only an accent--it won't change the effect light gray will have in making you look sick.

Again, all this has to do with the unique combination of your hair and eye color, skin color, and skin undertone (cool, warm, etc).

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm almost ghost white and I can pull off light grey. You just need to pair it well with other pieces of clothing and accessories. Message me if you want me to help you more.

What Guys Said 3

• better white ;)

• I actually own a lot of light gray shirts and I have a fair skin tone and I look fine in them.

• Gray is my favorite. I always wear that colour

What Girls Said 6

• i think it looks fine on any complexion

• Yeah, it does to me.

• All colors look good on all skintones.

• Typically speaking, no.

• yeah they do.

• Yes, it does.