He told me I look 14 years old, but still flirts with me?

I asked this guy how old I looked one day because I was curious as to how old I looked to other people. I'm 18, and everyone agrees I look around 17-20, but this guy that I like told me I looked 14 & a little kid. HOWEVER, every day in class he flirts with me, comments on how I look nice, talks to me, sits next to me, asks me to movies, etc. If he really thought I looked 14 (he's turning 20 this month), then would he flirt with me? When I asked if he was kidding about saying I looked that old, he told me he wasn't. But if he wasn't kidding, why would he flirt with someone that looks so young *to him*? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• He's still flirting because he knows your not 14.. Just because you look young doesn't mean your off limits. Hey a good thing to look younger.. That means by the time your 40 you will look 30. He probably thought about this and figures you would be a nice catch. I've always had that problem of looking younger, and I got lots of attention for it, cause it makes it look like your innocent, when you're not.. and that's a big turn on for guys...You should give him a chance

What Guys Said 3

• Don't put the parts together--the one about the 14-year-old and flirting. He's a guy; probably blissfully unaware of the connection you've made.

Later: I just read the rest of your post. I'd suggest that you give him the benefit of the doubt.

He's trying to establish a relationship with you. If you suspect perv motives, your suspicions will be resolved over time.

Ted

• That was flirting. Making fun is a part of flirting so is teasing play fighting and a lot of people like young I guess

• everyone agrees I look around 17-20"

Where's the problem?

He either was kidding you or emitting a critic (unkind) opinion about you, but he changed this opinion. Maybe to proud/stubborn to admit he was wrong? Nothing serious thus.

What Girls Said 4

• Because he is probably a pedophile and he gets off on the fact that you do look super young and you're actually old enough that it isn't illegal. Next time you see him tell him that it freaks you out that he thinks you look like an 8th grader but still flirts with you. See what his reaction is. I'd be curious. Because I'm really petite and even though I do look my age I've had a couple guys say I look like a kis and then will ask me out. Its freaky...and so wrong.

• I mean, if he knows your real age why would it matter. It's not weird because you're not actually 14. If you were, then there would be a problem haha. (:

• Hes flirting with you, boys poke fun at girls to flirt with them

• Maybe he was joking.

Maybe you are cute (14 year olds can be cute) but he began to like you because of your personality and charm and just generally being around you. And since he knows you're not 14 it doesn't make a difference anymore