I love dressing up but doing it solely to impress the opposite sex is so useless!

.why are so many people here, especially girls so insecure about their clothes nad hair and makeup? it's ridiculous! every time I see a question like "do you guys find pink or black t shirts hotter" makes me wanna scream! Who cares? I understand questions on overall style but seriously, do you actually care if a guy finds your curly hair hotter then your straight hair? and more importantly are there people out there who care? why do people, especially girls let guys opinions dictate what items of clothing they wear or how they should do their makeup? I'm all for dressing to impress, but surely being comfortable and being able to work your style is what's going to come off as attractive! do girls actually think their style of boots is going to get them more guys or something?

don't get me wrong,i love fashion, I love dressing up but doing it solely to impress the opposite sex is so useless!

sorry for the rant :)

Most Helpful Guy

• You have a valid perception, there are a lot of repeat questions and repeat circumstances that happen on this website. The answer to all of your questions is the insecurities of people. Their confidence has not quite established to the point of independence which leads to why they even ask these questions- their self esteem.

When tries to guess what the other person may do to a certain circumstance or phrase, people start to become "skiddish" or jumpy, for lack of a better term. This makes them nervous in their own skin, so they come for reassurance to this website. The individuals that ask these questions would merely like to understand that they are doing the socially acceptable thing of buying a certain clothing item, or by changing a certain characteristic of their body.

I agree with you, these questions can become very hectic and frustrating because of our own desire to snap. We don't mean to be derrogative in our remarks; however, those responses are better interpreted as our own guilt for previous experiences where we were hurt for believing we should change for someone. That concept hurts a lot to try and grasp. Fortunately, the ones that have learned this, and grown from those experiences, no longer encounter the same thing happening throughout life.

We know what we offer and as such we feel comfortable in our own skins.

I made the mistake of doing everything I could to keep my previous relationships around. Now that I have stepped back to look at what I was doing compared to what they were offering, I realise that I was being completely trampled and I was looking like a weak fool that allowed those things to happen. I then accepted this information and grew to accomodate that with my personality so that I do not snap at other individuals for attempting the same fate; however, I will not allow this to happen further in my life.

This is your life, what do you want to associate with it? Pain...? Regret...? NO! Of course not.

We all want happiness and to find that, we must find ourselves.

I hope the information proved helpful, it was merely my personal insight - might I recommend looking forward to what the next day offers instead of worrying about these posts? The individuals will find help through other members, there is no sense stressing about it =)

Best regards,

ArtistBBoy

What Guys Said 1

• Rants are fine, as long as you're not offending anyone.

And yes, some people do think the way you described as evinced by the existence of those kinds of questions. Don't be upset, just skip that question and move on to the next. I doesn't really do them (you don't answer their question) or you (you get more upset and do rants like these) to read them.

Just let them be who they are, while you go be who you are.

What Girls Said 8

• Also consider that sometimes, it's not going to change anything the asker does to know the answer. Maybe they found a black top they like and are going to wear it anyway, but then just got curious about what most guys thought of that. I certainly fall into that category - I like what I like and that's not really gonna change on anyone else's account, but I still want to know what other people are likely to think of me, you know?

And yeah, just skip those questions ;D

• I think seeing all those questions has actually helped me be less insecure. Not because of the answers, but because I see how unnecessary a lot of those insecurities are. Regardless of what guys here might like, that doesn't mean a guy I'm interested in will feel the same way. It doesn't mean that what they like will suit me either. I would rather just wear what I like and accept what I was born with than constantly look for approval from others.

• you go girl! :) lol

• everyone gets insecure sometimes :)..if dealing with it by posting a question about boots or scarves or whatever helps them, then why not?

• I agree with you! Don't dress for everyone else! I love dressing up, because when I look in the mirror I'm thinking "wow I look hot ass hell in this!"... And I like that =) lol

• Lol I agree, I said the exact same thing on an answer once and got a load of abuse off the insecure people that ask those q's. I just avoid them now.

• i agree with you! most guys think a beautiful girl is a beautiful girl. if you are wearing pink or black or leopard print it doesn't matter

• I disagree with overthetop67, but I appreciate that he is trying to be nice and that his heart is in the right place. Rants can be useful on here as a reality check for people. You sound like a confident, well-balanced person and there should be more rants from people like you. I think they help the less confident people to see how a confident person behaves. In this case you are providing a useful reality check... People should try to be less insecure and girls should think about satisfying their own standards as well as looking hot for guys.

I personally am not so concerned about the style questions. They are usually impossible to answer because a person's overall look usually matters more than a particular item. Even so, I can understand why someone wanting to break out into a new style might want to get an overall opinion from people on whether the new look sounds like it could work.

The questions where I think that people like you really need to provide MORE reality checks are the ones about sex. It makes me really sad and concerned when a whole lot of insecure commenters get together and advise girls to put up with things they are not comfortable with (or should not be comfortable with!), so that they don't get dumped by some guy/girl. I feel like our society should have evolved beyond "lying back and thinking of England" like people did in the fifties to make a relationship work!

The reason I think that overthetop67 is wrong is that this is an advice site. People shouldn't skip on to the next question to avoid offending someone if there is an important point to be made! As people who care about others enough to get on this site and try to help, I think we should all take a stand when we see that someone is being given advice that might lead them down the wrong path. The reality is that there are a lot of people who are dealing with issues and who are insecure at this site. That is OK--we are here to help those people. Helping sometimes means giving blunt advice. There is no need to get personal and insult people, but telling people that they are being insecure or that we disagree with them is fine. It is what adults do.

So in my opinion parisa, you should go right ahead and be opinionated and call people out when they need a reality check. It is what this site is for!

• "GaG is a place for reality checks" -- I agree +1

• Thanks! ArtistBoy, I would love to see more reality checks from you. I like your perspective.