Girls, from the US , who dresses better on average? - American or European guys?

The offer of apparel in the US and Europe is very different, based on what I, who is from Germany, have observed.
And according to many online sources, many straight American guys don't dress as well as European guys.
I watched a video of a German girl who participated in a student exchange and showed pictures of German boys to the American boys, and the American boys called the Germans " metrosexual " / gay , etc , because they have diffrerent hair cuts and just dress differently.

18

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not sure, that's a good question. I have lived in several countries (I am half American and born here), and there were some guys that dressed well and others that couldn't get a good outfit working for them. In all places I've lived lol.

I've visited Germany (Kaiserslautern) and they dressed alright, nothing bad or anything. The village in France was cute and people were nice, but more country style (which is nice as well imo). I lived in Milano, Italy which is fashion - heavy so of course they were better dressed there. Now I live in California and there is a mix of those that dress really well, but the people I hang out with are laid-back, and their style reflects that.

• I don't live too far away from Kaiserslautern ;D

• Oh nice! I loved it there haha, I want to go back!

What Girls Said 17

• A few continental European countries seem to be born with good fashion sense. The French and the Italians, particularly. In the major cities, they're always neat and elegant, suave and well groomed. Americans just don't quite hit the right buttons. They don't suit up as often, and never look as well-groomed as the Europeans, or even the Brits - Londoners might not always have the elegance of a native Parisian strolling through Le Bon Marché, but they know how to dress.

• European men tend to dress fashionably and dressy. When I was in Italy I noticed the guys either wore suits or dressed like frat boys (younger generation but maybe they were international students). as an American, I do like casual guys clothing for very casual places like the gym and park, but I believe in always looking my best so I appreciated the effort the Italian men put into their looks.

• Western Europeans by far dress better. Americans, especially northerners, can be all too frequently sloppy dressers. Eastern Europeans, especially Russians, dress like hobos.

• yes, the russians are their own special kind of people

• I've got to agree with everyone else, from what I've seen European men dress a lot nicer than American ones. They're more well put together.

• European guys, hands down. I showed a friend back home a guy I was interested in and she thought he was gay because of the clothes he wore. The style is so different from how American guys dress.

• Well, I was wearing Italian moccasins, I'd bought in Rome, and the girls in America liked them and asked where I got them from. they were very interested.

• Exactly. European guys tend to put together outfits better, in the sense that they look stylish and in fashion. I think that is a plus.

• I prefer the clothing that most Europeans wear. I don't like the sloppy look and I feel like Americansare just getting so lazy with their clothes. (And this from a very proud American. Step it up people! )

• European guys definitly. They aren't afraid to dress more "femininely" i guess is yhe only word I have for it. It's so stylish and attravtive.

• "fashionably" is the term I think.

• Well that too yes, but the eay the dress, I guess in America, would be considered feminine. Like their scarves and gloves and how well the match. At least thats what I would describe it as. there's nothing wrong with feminine style, I'm just bad at explaining.

• No offense but European people wear better. We love clothing. Whereas American people like comfy and lazy clothes.

• Americans (on the whole) rely far too much on camo. Europeans tend to be more stylish.

• Well, I really don't care about how they dress.
    It's nice to see a guy with pretty clothes, but I think I'm checking their body and face before I realize how cute their moccasins are.
    Hot guys are always hot, it does not matter what they wear.

• Im from Amsterdam and i have been to the east coast of the US several times. I think not only guys, but people in general, dress a lot better and more fashionable in Europe .

• European guys.

• The English , Italians and maybe the French

• I refuse to stereotype.

• European guys sorry but honestly if I have to see another guy here in the US with his ass Crack or his boxers showing I will shoot him. Honestly tho the girl's are about equal tho but please to all American boys : pull up your god damn pants

• Europe is a pretty big place, with lots of different countries.

In my opinion, Americans and British people dress terrible, especially British people sorry guys but you're just not good at it. Maybe it's not entirely your fault, but the clothes you have in the stores suck, it's very ugly.

• English food is not that great either

• the same goes for germany though, i mean the clothes. italians dress the best

• I don't know, I haven't been there, but I think it could be too feminine for my taste. My favorites are the Scandinavian countries, both girl and guys there dress very well.

• Europeans.