What do you think of these Japanese fashions?

Most Helpful Girl

• I love Lolita, Kawaii, Rockabilly, coloured hair, Fairy-kei, the platform shoes, fruit prints :)

The jika-tabi are weird

Ganguro/ Yamanba-kei is pretty terrifying tbh

The bralettes are strange but kinda sweet. Same with the barettes and stockings; I like how they look but I wouldn't wear them

• Would you dress in any of the ones you like

• What about the ones you mentioned do you like

• I like that they're very cute and feminine. Rockabilly I like because it's kinda 1950s retro

What Girls Said 6

• As a girl experiencing two cultures during my lifetime (I lived in the States for 10 years, and I lived in Taiwan for 7 years), I can, at most times, understand the fashion trends going on in Japan. However, that does not mean that I agree with, or like those trends. At many times, their trends seem absurd for me to even see.
    But may you take note, most Japanese people are more conservative than you may think; most people who live in East Asia are more conservative. Those so called "trends" are only a representation of a small population within the Japanese population.
    In most countries in East Asia, girls are not even allowed to wear makeup in high school. Knowing this, how crazy do you think people can get?

As for my personal opinion of those fashion trends in that link...
    The only one that I like is 10...
    Other than that, nay...

• I totally love it! I love it how Japan can go crazy in their clothing style and fully express themselves in it. Here in the Netherlands, we always dress kinda boring because of the influence of Protestantism. A famous motto here is 'doe normaal, dan doe je al gek genoeg' translated 'act normal, then you're already acting strange enough'. The motto kind of fades away these days, but it's still noticable in for example fashion. So when I see these kind of things, I would really like to go there to just try it all, because you would really be laughed at here.

• In my opinion it looks really tacky but who am I to judge? If they have fun with dressing that way then that's cool :)

• I am a half-blooded Japanese but I can't help but say that Japanese fashion is weird, haha! Maybe it's just their preference and to change instead of sticking to old trends.

• i actually like them!

• They are colorful and weird for sure.. Much like their porn and anime

What Guys Said 9

• My first reaction is - Is this a fashion site or a paedophile site?

• Most Asians look younger than they really are... In Taiwan most people think I look like I'm 25 or 26, while in the States I just look like a girl at my age (17), so it really isn't because Asians are all pedophiles.

Oh, and it's PEDOPHILE. Get your spelling right.

On top of that, I'm Asian, and do you have anything against my race?

• You are only able to express your opinions is it doesn't put others freedom or well-being into risks. When you categorize people like that, or may I say HUMILIATE people like that, you lose your freedom of speech. Freedom doesn't mean that you can do anything you want.
      If everyone could do everything they wanted to do, well, let's just say you wouldn't even want to know what I'd do to CERTAIN PEOPLE WHO HUMILIATE OTHERS.

• @jesche16 Not going to argue going to block you instead.

• Prefer western fashion tbh

• Probably because you are not ue to seeing anyone dressed any of these ways

• I see quite a few people dressed like that here in Taiwan, but I prefer Western fashion as well. It just seems more casual and more approachable in my opinion. :P

• I'm familiar with a few of these. There is an ongoing discussion in the gothic community about Japanese gothic and lolita fashions. I'm not a big fan of the sweet and innocent look, then again I'm 45 and maybe I just find it creepy.

• I have heard of some of them before. I think that most of them are cool and some of them are weird.

• A lot of them are cute I guess.

• japan is weird

• No, I like the Western style of dressing.

• Most are weird but I love Lolita and Kawaii fashion!

• I love them!