Girls, how to get nail polish off my finger nails without nail polish remover?

So I painted my finger nails thinking I was just gonna go for a pedicure tomorrow. But now someone told me that with the place we go to, it'll be cheaper to get a mani pedi than just a pedi. And the nail polish I have that I used normally doesn't last long, I did it on Sunday and thought it would be mostly off by Monday or Tuesday from past experience. But now it's Thursday, I'm getting my treat tomorrow, a lot of it is still on and apparently getting both done is cheaper at the place. I know I can try using my nail to scrape it off but is there any other way without nail polish remover?

12

Most Helpful Girl

• Nail salons will take off the old nail polish for you. If you really need to get it off, you'll just have to pick at it. You can get nail polish remover at any old supermarket, and it's probably worth buying some to avoid damaging your nails by picking off the polish. You could also try using a high proof alcohol.

• Oh. Maybe I can wait for that. Picking it off damages them? And I think high proof alcohol would be like the rubbing alcohol?

• Ooh wow. Thinner and weaker too? It doesn't replace it either?

• It does regenerate, but it takes time.

What Girls Said 11

• Clear polish or another on top of your current color let it set for a little bit to get it wet. then wipe it off with a face cloth. The left over polish you could scrape off.

• Maybe there are some other products for that... but I haven't trued any.
    You can't?

• With knife, seriously works..
    Or.. Reapply the nail polish and try to remove it.. I don't know, sometimes it works sometimes doesn't..

• I don't think you can get it off any other way unless you need nail polish remover. Maybe a towel and put hot water and soap and try to scrub it off. You'll have to scrub really hard though.

• I suggest getting some soap, water, and scrub hard.

• Put some hairspray or perfume on a cotton pad

• Ok. Thank you. I'll try that

• Steam, it should peel right off.

• Oh wow! Thats interesting and something to remember

• scratch it off

• It is very unhealthy, but scrape it off. That's what I do.

• Usually it comes off in the shower/bath but do you have acetone. ? That works.

• How quick? And I don't know what that is

• Yes after you soak your hands or take a bath get a tooth pick and just scrape it off.

• Ok. Thank you

• you need polish remover.