Favorite author and why?

Most Helpful Guy

• John Steinbeck - I love his very simple style

• What about Hemingway's style?

• Do you like Paris or running of the Bulls in Spain? If so get ready to fall in love. His memoir, "A Moveable Feast" is about his time as an expat among other very important authors in Montmartre.

I read it living in Montmartre so are it up but I think you would like his style in general. Try maybe, "The Sun Also Rises".

He makes you feel like you lived his life but keeps the literary style simple.

• Thanks for MHO

What Guys Said 3

• Garth Nix, because he wrote The Old Kingdom series, which is my personal favorite.

Followed by James Joyce, because his books helped me ace every single reading comprehension test I have taken since 10th grade. Seriously, read Finnegan's Wake and then read Great Gatsby, you'll laugh.

• James Joyce good suggestion

• Michel Crichton, I love his books because they are science fiction, but not far fetched science fiction

• Probably Mark Twain because I love his humor and the adventures that he wrote about were fun to read

• Have you tried Hubter Thompson's 'Rum Diary'? About a reporters time living in Puerto Rico during the 50's? I think you will like his humor.

• I've never read that, I'll look it up

What Girls Said 5

• Marquis de Sade and this is why:
    Many people find his works to be sick, meaningless, and without substance. I, however, believe this is unfair. His works have strongly impacted me and have often made me question a lot of things about former favourite films and novels, and made me realize how sick it is to make horror and violence into entertainment. The problem with most movies/books is that violence is not portrayed violent enough; horror isn't portrayed horrible enough. Most 'thriller' films have these ingredients softened so that people can enjoy it, and that is what I believe that is truly sick. His works are sane. They depict horror and violence as it is- totally revolting and disgusting.

• Lois Duncan, she knows what she is doing

• I don't go for authors, if I like the summary of the plot then I'll read it. If I like action I'm not going to read a romance just because it's by the same author.

• I like Dante.

• JK Rolan because Harry Potter is the best