Wearing Bikini vs bra?

Why is it acceptable to wear a bikini top in public in full view but not a bra? aren't a bra and a bikini top very similar?

7

Most Helpful Girl

• Because a bikini is made for swimming. Bras aren't. They're made to hold the breasts as well as to be taken off for more intimate purposes.

That's why.

What Girls Said 6

• Yes they are similar but one is an undergarment and the other is meant to be worn in public. That's like saying my high heels and tennis shoes both go on my feet so I can wear them with whatever I want bc they are both shoes. Well it wouldn't look ok with me in a business dress and tennis shoes on. You wear certain things for a reason and there is always a time and place.

• If it's that big of a deal to you dude, then just wear your bra in public. Now go find your chill, 'cause you lost it.

• Who the hell knows? Seriously.

• I don't understand it, either. They look exactly the same to me.

• The texture and social norms.

• Because bras and underwear and intimate pieces of clothing. Where as a bikini is meant for showing off in public. I get your statement but that's how it just is.