How long does it take until your nail polish starts to chip on your fingers?

I know a girl whose nails still look like newly done after 3-4 weeks! No single chipping. She doesn't like that more than a quarter of her nail is without polish and redoes them. Who knows how long she could have kept the polish without chipping!
My nail polish starts chipping the next day if I'm very unlucky or four days later when I'm very lucky. Usually, it's just one or two nails, but it's still very annoying.
Any tips how to keep the polish longer on your nails without chipping?

• 1 to 2 days
  • 3 to 4 days
  • 5 to 7 days
  • up to 10 days
  • up to 2 weeks
  • up to 1 month

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I said 5-7 days that's because I use Gelish gel based polish that lasts a week. No waiting for it to dry!

• no waiting for it to dry? I've got to try it! Is Gelish the name of the brand?

• Yes! It's amazing. You can buy the kit or just go into a salon and ask for a gel mani

What Guys Said 6

What Girls Said 11

• The day I applied nail polish.
    http://i62.tinypic.com/73kl7d.jpg

After couple of days.
    http://i58.tinypic.com/24d0pvr.jpg

My nail polish starts to chip after couple of days cause I wash my hands many times in a day... -.-

• Holy cow does she ONLY use gel?

I can usually do 3 or 4 days. Maaaaybe 5 or 6 if the formula is extra strong and I like it. I paint the top of the nail and across the front of the nail. Then I have an extra layer to hold things down at the front. I do have a lot of issues with the tips of my index finger wearing off though. I'm guessing wear and tear.

• Yeah same here with the tips of my index finger.

No, that's the thing. Not at all. I went to get them done with her after she told me that because I thought it was something special that that particular nail salon did. Turned out they didn't. Mine held 3 days.. and hers kept looking perfect even after weeks -.-

But I'm glad to find out I'm normal.. and she's not lol

• Haha.. there's no secret. Apparently, it's always been like that for her. Her sisters are not that fortunate though. One has her nails chipped after days too, and the other can keep it a little longer than a week.
      I want her nails too xD I'm too lazy to paint mine every week.

• Lame :/

LOL! Wouldn't that be nice *wistful sighs*

• A few days.

• 1-2 days, are you crazy? Twenty seconds more like. It will very rarely last a day and I take care to clean my nails and apply it properly. Even when I went and had them done professionally for a wedding they didn't last the evening. Maybe I have repellent nails...

• Wow, and I thought I had it bad. Do you have very bendable nails? I think it's the reason why it always chips on my index finger first.

• lol no, it doesn't.. although it'd help if you wore gloves to do those things xD

• Yeah but that sounds like a lot of effort... ha!

• Depends on how much work I have to do. If I have to work (at a bakery/Café), then one day. If I don't even have to wipe my ass because I can hire someone to wipe my ass it might last for 3 weeks

• around 3 days

• Immediately or at the longest - 3 days.

• I don't even last a full day.

• I had mine done on Saturday, now Tuesday and still no chips.

• Finger nails, I can't remember. Its been too long.

Toenails, about a month.

• I ABSOLUTELY HATE NAIL POLISH IT'S A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME