Are tattoos sexy or a turn off?

I have been wanting to get a small tattoo on my collarbone for awhile. It is a saying my mother always used to say to me and because she is ill with her cancer, I wanted to get it done. Would it look trashy and unappealing or would it look elegant... sexy even? I supoose this kind of just comes down to can girls have tattoos?
Are tattoos sexy or a turn off?
Something small like this...

Most Helpful Guy

• They can look sexy. I don't think a quote like the one in the picture is, though.

What Guys Said 6

• i'd love Pikachu as a tattoo ^_^

• major turn off for me.., sorry.

• As long as it isn't huge, idm

• not sure about the placement. I think it would look better if it was on the side of your ribs or maybe your outer thigh. But I understand why you would place it near your heart. All the best to your mom!

• i love tattoos i have 3 of them and going for my 4th soon

• I like tattoos if it's not that big, a little cute symbol or quote is fine

What Girls Said 6

• girls can absolutely have tattoos haha. anybody can have tattoos. i think that placement is very elegant and pretty.
    i don't think tattoos are trashy at all. they're art. that's a really nice idea, by the way.

• It all depends where, how big and what tattoo. That will make it sexy or not. Only bear in mind that once you get it, its hard to remove (and expensive). And when you put one, use one that you can keep if your life conditions change.

• I might not get one right away like maybe hena? I don't know just to see what its like.

• Take a pic from you and photoshop some choices on the pic. You can vary type and size and see the effect.

• I like tattoos. I have 4 of my own. I also think that there's a point where they become too much.

• Personally I'm not a fan of tattoos but one small one in a discreet location would be okay.

• tattoos looks good on most people.

• They are completely neutral for me.