Your thoughts on Islamic headscarves?

I'm just going to come out and say it: I think they look nice. Even as a non-Muslim, I can respect the reasons I've seen women give for why they're worn (so long as it's by choice). There's a bit of a bad rap about it in western countries (I hear in France there was a theatre which went so far as to refuse to perform because a woman in the audience was wearing one) and I agree there are situations where things like a full burqa are inappropriate (let's be honest, you're going to draw *more* attention to yourself, not less, by being the only person in the entire store wearing one), but still.

What are your thoughts on this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes I think they look really cute. I don't mind them.

What Girls Said 5

• Personally I love them :D

And I agree with what @apexalpha said. Its high time people were given the choice what to wear without any repercussions, or stereotypes/disturbances from others

Here in UK we have the Human Rights Act which gives all UK citizens the right to choice which can be applied to clothing. However ironically when it comes to Muslims plenty of time that right has been infringed and no one cares :(

• They're fine. I support people's rights to make their own decisions and practice their religions freely.

• I think they look cute actually!

• Umm, I wear one :O

• Cool! I hope you don't mind me asking, but do you also wear long sleeves and dresses all summer? I always wondered if that got really hot lol

• You are open minded :)

What Guys Said 4

• people should stop telling others what to wear or treat them differently because of how they chose to wear
    and what they are doing in France sucks

• I find some people who wear headscarves to be rather attractive. It's just really distracting/memorizing to me.

But then again I'll never see them without it.

• I couldn't care less.

• I honestly don't care but can't help wonder, wow it must be warm in there.