Why does this boy wear ugly clothes?

I'm sorry, he's earning a 70, 000+ salary in the year, and he wears those ugly polo shirts?

WHAT is wrong with him?

If he was not able to afford it, that'd be a different story.

I know I'm a snob, but at least I have good taste in clothes.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not everybody thinks clothes are worth investing in. If he was making $200 000 or more I could understand him spending money on clothes. When you are making $70 000 a year you cannot afford to buy expensive clothes. You have to pay for the house, the car, the children's college tuition, your retirement, your parents hospital expenses, your church tithe, your children's day care, your furniture, your food, and your festive food when you bring family and friends over to your house for a barbecue. Festive food could cost $100 - $300 a party or more.

• He's 21.

• Some guys do not think their clothes effect their level of physical attractiveness since many men do not care what woman wear and just look at her body and face.

• He does. From what I've seen of him.

What Guys Said 15

• He is aloud to wear what he wants! Maybe clothes are not important to him. It does not mean anything is wrong with him he has the right wear what he wants. Guys should wear what they want not something they hate just to impress girls and girls should do the same.

• I am not saying he needs to step out looking like a male model, I am just saying for crying out loud, clothes say so much about a person.

How can he step outside of the house looking like that?

• Like I have already said... looking really neat and having nice clothes is not big importance to everyone. I think it is important but some people find it more important that others. I do agree with the buying different shirts though.

• The only problem I see here is your attitude towards what he has chosen to wear. He has every right to wear what ever he wants and not care what you think about it! You don't have the right to have this attitude about what he wears. I can see it in the way you are talking to me, you got impatient with me when I didn't even say anything for you to get impatient about. You also mentioned about dressing like a model when I never implied that you did say that. It is your attitude that is the problem not what he is wearing! Am I impatient with you now yes I am but I have every right to be after your attitude towards this. End of conversation, I have had enough!

• Maybe you should stop judging someone's choice in clothes and stop checking out how much money he makes. How would you like it if you had a certain favorite pair of clothes and somebody made those same kinds of comments?

• I assure you, ugly polos are likely not his favourite choice.

Or are ugly grey sweatshirts.

To me, it just looks as though he's too lazy to pick out good attire.

• He likes what he likes. If he didn't like them, he wouldn't wear them. I'm sure you would not like it if someone forced you to wear clothes you didn't like.

• it's just... his choice :p

• It is his choice what he wears.

• He probably likes them which is why he bought them, and doesn't actually care about *your* personal opinion (he might not even know you dislike it in the first place)..

• I like a girl who dresses well, and doesn't wear a track suit or skmipy clothes every where.

That's just me though. Everyone's different.

• My friend was a limousine driver fro Bill Gates, Mr Gates shops second hand and wears what he finds comfortable. I'm sure your friend is the same way. He wears what makes him feel comfortable.

• My friend is no bill gates.

• Ugly for you, maybe for him the polos are awesome.

• Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

• he likes the style of the clothes. polo's are not that bad of clothes. would you rather him wear button downs

• I love button downs! Guys look so hot in them.

• you should tell him that sometime, don't be really blunt about it but just tell him that you think that button downs are really attractive and maybe he will change his style

• Why do you even care?

• I'm not even really sure.

Maybe I am a monster... or just a random bystander. You'll never know.

• maybe they are comfortable

• He's not metro

• He can wear whatever he wants

• Maybe he has better things to do than care about style

• Like hitting on beautiful women?

See the irony, doesn't practice what he preaches.

What Girls Said 10

• Maybe he likes them, maybe they're actually expensive...
    why are you judging?

• I agree not her place to be judging. He has the right to wear what he wants.

• I don't know.

It's complicated lol

• Haha then ask if you guys would go to the mall or something (if you know him well), you get to know him better AND he gets nicer stuff... win-win!

• Perhaps he is indifferent in that department. Anyway, "ugliness" is highly subjective. What is ugly to you may not be ugly to him.

• If I had my way I'd grab him and take him shopping. Kind of like my male barbie doll, because he's not ugly, but his taste in clothes is.

• "but at least I have good taste in clothes."

LOL, you should be SO proud of yourself. What an accomplishment! What a great advantage for society that you have good taste in clothes. Bravo.. bravo.. bravo..

• Well boy who has no taste in clothes, girl who has some taste in clothes.

Yeah i win.

• Because he wants to?

• Maybe he just doesn't care. And that's fine.

• Because he doesn't care what you think.

• I'm pretty sure me, and whoever else knows him likely think this.

• Why do you even care?

• What is wrong with YOU? I'm sure someone out there thinks the same about your clothes.

• I assure you... that's simply not true :)

• Maybe he thinks you wear ugly clothes and there's something wrong with you.

• I never wear ugly clothes ;)

• I don't know about the second part. There may be some truth to that.

• Does it really matter if he wears ugly clothes?

• Yes, you are a snob. Good you know.

• A snob who dresses well.