Have you ever liked somebody for fitting a cultural stereotype?

A couple of years ago, I met this guy at the hospital and I crushed on him instantly cause culturally he possesed all the aesthetic standards that I looked for in a guy, he had a pale white face, black eyes, and black hair, he was formal, intelligent, conservative, social but limited in his expressions, a team player and an intellectual. I liked his demenaour and the way he carried himself and I thought I was the only one who would think he was hot - the main reason I thought he was hot was cause he like a hybrid of the last 3 guys that I liked and was from the middle east like the 3 guys I liked before him.

Then a guy talked to me about him and said "he's hot, he's hot shit." which to me means that even men found him to be good looking (most men won't say another man is good looking). I guess maybe he WAS objectively good looking and it wasn't just a cultural stereotype. I thought I'd be the only one to find him attractive cause he was tall but had was very fat. He wasn't fat all over but he had a lot of belly fat - like he was pregnant or something. I ran into him a couple of times when I was shopping but did not have time to approach him. I am thinking of getting in touch with him if I see him in the future.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 3

• Probably not a "cultural stereotype". A girl could be "my type" but to get a crush on her I'd first of all need to find her sweet. Attractive is rather unimportant, I need to feel good with her on my side :D

• on the contrary xD i liked some girls because they were so totally not fitting their cultural stereotype.

• yep, i ran into a black guy who was really good at basketball. So we became friends :)

What Girls Said 2

• Not really

• It doesn't work that way for me.