Glued in hair extensions?

Okay I've been wanting a blue hair streak for quite some time. I talked to my hair dresser and he told me if I wanted it dyed it my hair would have to be pre lightened which I don't want I don't want the blond streak and it to damage my hair, so he told me he has these other extensions where they are glued in and kinda weaved into my real hair so it looks natural. The only problem is I have curly hair and they only come in straight. But because it's real hair I can still curl it with my curling iron if I need too. Anyway has anyone ever had this done? I only want 1 streak maybe 2 at the most, will this damage my hair? Like the glue? And he said it would start growing out about 3 months and sliding down so I'd need to get it put back up if I wanted too. So should I get a peekaboo one? So then once it does start growing you don't see it as bad?

3

Most Helpful Girl

• From someone with experience, don't do it. I've had glue in extensions before and no matter how careful or experienced you are in their removal, they're gonna take some of your hair out. I have a friend who has a little bald spot in the middle of her head from where the glue ripped her hair out.

Instead, what you can do is buy weft clips so that you/your stylist can sew them onto the wefts of the extensions so that you can just clip them in.

What Girls Said 2

• I had a feather way back in the day but it was clamped in, not glued.

• I did it in seventh grade