Girls, why do y'all wear makeup? Please read details?

Please answer!! If girls aren't interested in attracting other guys when their boyfriend isn't around, then why do you wear makeup? My girlfriend says she wears it for herself? What does that mean?

18

Most Helpful Girl

• makeup isn't just about attracting the opposite sex. sometimes we do it when we're tired and we want to hide that. some wear it to look younger, some wear it to look older, some wear it so color coordinate their clothes, some to accent their features.

everyone wears makeup for a different reason but the most common reason is that we just feel more confident and put together with it on. its not about impressing the opposite sex but it IS about making ourselves feel pampered and put together and happy:)

What Girls Said 17

• I wear make up for myself, never for making me look good in front of men or a man. I'm married too and my husband says he prefers me with little to no make up, which I don't understand... because I look either sick or dying when I have no make up on. Plus I love enhancing my features, make up can make you feel great when you're having a shit day.

• I don't wear makeup to attract a mate lol. I wear it because I feel better with it, it lets me express my different emotions, it's fun.

• Random lol but you seriously remind me of polly, pipers best friend in orange is the new black!

• @lovestvdx I'm going to have to look into that to see if you're complimenting me or insulting me lolol.

• Oh she's very attractive haha

• I never heard a girl saying that she wears makeup to attract guys.
    They wear makeup because they want to feel better with themselves, and that's probably what you girlfriend meant.

• a lot of women wear it for themselves,.

• I wear it for myself. And I am used to putting mascara during work days. I only uses lip tint and mascara and bit of concealer

• Sometimes it's fun painting face. Sometimes to hide acne, etc.

I feel insecure when I put make up so if I ever put it it is for either special occasions or I want to try out an exotic make up look.

• Gosh guys can be so narcissistic! Not everything is about them. It's empowering to feel good and confident. When I wear makeup it makes me feel good about myself, it isn't too please the male eye lol.

• It enhances my natural, beautiful features and makes me feel pretty.

• Didn't you ask this already

• it makes us feel prettier in our own eyes and more confident knowing we look better with it to us and appeal to people

• You wear it cause it makes you feel and look pretty which = confidence =happiness

• It means that she want to feel pretty when she's not with you same as when she is it just helps people feel more comfortable in there own skin and more confident

• I wear it for myself and I just wear lipstick or lip gloss and mascara

• She wears it to feel beautiful and confident for herself nothing wrong with that

• It means she wears it because she feels more beautiful with it, not to attract other guys. I sometimes wear mascara if im actually going somewhere

• Girls get dressed (in this case wear makeup) for other girls, not for men.

• Because it gives us more confidence and it makes us feel sexier.