Girls, How and why does makeup make you feel more confident?

If your answer is it makes you feel more pretty or beautiful... Explain why you wanna be that way when your boyfriend isn't around!!!

10

Most Helpful Girl

• I actually find it really oppressing when a guy doesn't want me wearing makeup cause he doesn't want me getting more attention from other guys.

I wear makeup with or without a boyfriend, so if I have a boyfriend why would wearing makeup when I am not around him even be an issue? Sorry, I had one super jealous boyfriend who didn't even want me wearing makeup by the end, cause he hated all the attention/stares from other guys. I am not going homely for a boyfriend.

I like makeup for more than just feeling good/beautiful. I am artistic and my face is a canvas and sonetimes I do far out things if I am in a creative mood. I even did all out day of the dead for one Halloween . I don't always wear make up, when I am sick or walking the dog early in the morning or late at night, but over all if I leave my house I have makeup on, as well as deordorent, I feel deshevaled if I am without.

• So you want attention from other guys? Even when you have a boyfriend?

• No, I don't want attention or at least the attention your implying but if people look I don't want to look like crap (or in my opinion how I look without makeup, lol). Plus I would want to look good for everyone: friends, family, strangers, guy or girls. And not to get hit on or be ogled at.

What Girls Said 9

• I don't need make up to feel more confident. I deal with important clients at work early on in the week and I want to make myself more presentable (Monday-Tuesday) the rest of the week till the weekend, there is either no make up on me or a bit of foundation on my cheeks and my forehead and mascara and lip balm/gloss/stick and that's it. My boyfriend has seen me with no make up on and a lot of make up on. He obviously prefers me with no make up on. But I don't use make up to feel pretty. I feel pretty knowing I have no make up on and my skin is flawless to see other women cake on make up.

• What is wrong with wanting to feel good about ourselves. Granted I really only do my makeup for my boyfriend, but you know what sometimes during the week when I go to class I want to look damn fine. Not for you, not for my boyfriend, not for anyone else, but for my godamn self! We woman aren't here to look good for YOU, we do what we want for ourselves.

• Because we like to feel beautiful for ourselves, and I hate to tell you this but women like to be beautiful for others too and presenting yourself at your best can be beneficial in many other ways as well. It isn't to say "everybody hit on me!" but we like to feel beautiful, it's a nice feeling and we don't base our happiness solely on a guy.

As for makeup, I wear a little bit to enhance what I have and I like how it makes me feel. It's simple.

• I don't wear makeup, except maybe concealer for blemishes. Make up actually makes me selfconcious because I feel like it draws attention to me that I don't really want, but a lot of girls are the opposite way. We wouldn't wear or not wear makeup depending on whether our boyfriend is around, because he's not the reason we would, it's mainly for ourselves rather than other that we would

• It makes us look better so we feel more confident

• Well, I don't wear makeup but, I guess because it hides there flaws.

• It accentuates our best features and it minimizes the visibility of our flaws.

• Because you wanna be happy and never dress to impress. Girls wanna feel beautiful for themselves and not look pretty for boys

• I hardly ever wear makeup, but when I do it's for special occasions and/or when I want to make a specific feature stand out