Graduation dresses. Thinking about asking my grandmother to make me a dress?

My grandmother makes rock n roll style dresses and skirts and I really like that style, I was thinking a bout asking her to make me a graduation dress as i graduate in little under 4 months.

Example of of the dress:
I would have it in a nice navy blue colour and knee legnth with thinner straps.

my mum says it's not a good idea as she would want me to come over all the time for measurements. But I clearly won't have enough time in my hands to do that and I'm sure she'll only need to a couple measurements. (My grandmother can get quite annoying at times talking about her work a lot)

what do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• What are rock and roll dresses/skirts? And, well, I don't think it'll matter, you're wearing your graduation gown over it anyway, so, it won't matter

What Guys Said 3

• I think that is a good idea for a dress

• Give her a chance but have a backup

• Give granny a shot but make sure u have a backup just incase

What Girls Said 5

• I think it would be good. It's actually really sweet for your grandmother to make you a dress for such a special occasion and it's something you can keep. I'm sure she would like to do that for you :)

• Well if that is the case you won't have 'enough time' then go and buy a dress or go to a professional dressmaker.

• By not having enough time I mean I have uni Monday to Thursday and she works Thursday to Saturday so I'll only have Sunday's which I often babysit on

• It's a really nice style

• The dress in picture looks really pretty. Anyway, go for it. Ask her.

• I like how you expect her to do you a huge favor and you have to nerve to call her annoying and not even have the patience to sit for a while and get measurements taken. She is doing a favor for you. Stop being so ungrateful

• Uhm read it again. She didn't ask to make me a dress I was THINKING about ASKING her.