First day of work at a new job and I am facing a bit of a conundrum... Help?

Monday I start a new job (temp to hire) in the corporate offices of a luxury jewlery brand. I'm not against luxury brands in any way but I definetly prefer food to jewlery in any scenerio, so I don't own any jewlery by the brand... Should I go out and get something to wear just so that I don't get caught not owning it and making a bad impression on my first day despite the fact that it would cost a pretty penny? Or should I wait for my employee discount to kick in?

Part of me feels like I'm worried about nothing, but who knows...

Most Helpful Girl

• I honestly believe that you are worried over nothing.

What Guys Said 2

• I don't think you should worry about your image too much. No one expects you to own any expensive or fancy jewlery when you work at the offices of a jewlrey brand, so don't stress yourself out. You'll do fine :)

• Don't worry too much wait for discount to kick in and get something nice.

What Girls Said 2

• I would wait for the discount. I worked with expensive brand clothingand didn't own anything like what I was selling. Luckily my manager gave me a few things to wear from the store so that way I would fit more into the department lol. Now that's all I have pretty much lol but yeah I'd wait for sure! Do they require you to own some?

• I don't think that's necessary.