Should I wear shorts to school?

So I've been.. Self harming for a while now.. And it is really hot and it's at the end of the school year. I hate wearing pants and feeling so hot and sweaty, but I need to hide the cuts on my legs.. Anyways, if I leave them to heal for about a week, do you think I could wear shorts? The cuts I did recently are not very deep, but I have some scars too..
Will teachers at the school get involved and call home? Will a guidance counsellor want to talk to me because of a teacher saying something about it? And if i do wear shorts to school it will probably be the very last couple days. What do you guys think?

Also, will other kids at the school make fun of me for it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would not risk getting teachers or parents involved. So maybe buy some longer knee length shorts or wear a longer skirt (ends a bit above knee). That's just what I'd do.

What Guys Said 6

• Maybe talking to the guidance counsellor not such a bad idea if you are a bit upset about things.

• Cuts take a longer time to heal than a week. Also I a teacher assumes that you are cutting yourself they WILL try and help you. It's part of their job.

• I just don't know though because my friend cuts herself.. And teachers saw it but did nothing. I don't know thoigh, my thighs are worse than what she's done

• The teacher must have not noticed. I would say not to do it. The teacher will try to help you unless they are bad people.

• Oh ok. I guess I won't wear any then. Thanks for the help

• Make sure the shorts are not more than 5inches above your knee.. as u are in school.. rest should be fine

• If the teachers are good human beings they'll get involved. Cutting is not a healthy behavior.

• It's just that my friend cuts and they didn't do anything about it. And my other friend went one day with shorts and she has scars, but they're not so noticeable.

• Try shorts around home and the mall

• Yeah bad idea

What Girls Said 2

• Wear Bermudas or capris if you're worried.

• Wear jeans in order to hide the cuts.