How short does a dress have to be to be considered "too short"?

I bought this dress, it's 8 inches above my knees. And it has a floral print; it's pretty. I was wondering if it's too short? I asked my mom 5 times before I left the house because I was going out and she told me it looked fine. But I'm not too sure. If a girl wears a short dress would you think she's a slut or anything else bad about her?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on where you are going, what you have on underneath, and how careful you are. Going up an escalator you may have a line of guys following you.

What Guys Said 8

• 8 inches might be just a tad too much, i would suggest never going past that because it might be too revealing
    but its how you wear it really, and know you aren't a slut and no one will think that =)
    also trust your mom! she wouldn't let you leave the house if you looked to provocative =)

• Be sure to always wear clean panties in the same color. You know, the wind... ;-)

• 8"above yer knees might b kinda short then i guess

• If it's above the knees, it looks immodest to slutty (depending on how short), to me.

• 8 inches... above is short... and no I wudnt think of her as a slut... it depends who wants what in a girl.. sum like hotness sum like sexy sum like cute.. fully covered..

• if you bend over and people and look up up skirt than it is to short

• If your goods are showing its too short.

At 16 knee height.

• I'm 15 but I guess that Doesn't change much. Also, aren't women supposed to cover up more when they're older? Cause when they're younger they're just kids right?

• Women cover up more when they are older for reasons not to do with sexualisation.

When you are young its fine but teenage years is just icky as it's no longer innocent child's play.

• No. Unless she's smiling from both ends its fine.

What Girls Said 7