Which dress do you like better for an 18 year old to wear to the opera?

i am going to the opera with my parents in septmeber i believe? and i wanted to get my dress early so if there are any problems i can return it and get a better one so give me your dead honest opinion i like both a lot but i dont know if my mom will let me get it because she wants me to spend my money on college.

http://www.amazon.com/Albrose-Womens-Evening-Dresses-Champagne/dp/B00RR6FHOO/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1434317295&sr=1-1&keywords=albrose+long+lace+womens+evening+dresses

http://www.amazon.com/Engerla-Apllique-Jewel-Sleeves-Mother/dp/B00THYJ78Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1434317341&sr=1-1&keywords=engerla+lace+apllique+jewel+sheer+dresses+short+mother+of+the+bride&pebp=1434317350526&perid=74254379B25C4CE1A3E4

so i chose the second dress here are my reasons:
short enough to show off my shoes and it won't get wet if i step in a puddle or it rains plus i will be able to wear my super classy dark blue trench coat but long enough its classy
its poofy and its reminds me of a 50's style evening dress
it has sleeves while the other one is gorgeous its strapless and you can't trust a strapless dress and if it falls i will never forget it
top has more intricate and beautiful design
plus i love the color combination because i love to wear black but not so much black that i look like morticia adams

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the second one bc it has a prettier and smaller design on top with a ribbon around your waist. Plus the shorter length with shoe off your legs and shoes while also preventing the bottom of the dress to be in the way or be damaged (either be getting stepped on or by water on the ground)
    The first one seems too busy and too long
    But it also depends on your hair color and skin tone.
    :)

What Guys Said 5

• I like first one best.

• If only you could have the pattern of the first in the style of the second lol.

That being said, the first one. It's the more elegant of the two

• I like the 2nd one more

• second one , it fits the scenario better in my opinion

• Wow! I like both literally both are gorgeous! You're going to opera, enjoy ;)

• i know i am super, super excited

• I would like to go to opera too and I'm 18 too. I like girls like that :D

What Girls Said 6

• I genuinely love the first one quite gorgeous

• If it's just an opera then save the money go to forever21 and get a nice dress and some heels. You don't need anything that fancy for the opera mod adults don't even dress that fancy. But if I had to choose if say the 1st one

• The first one, it looks like it's really meant for someone younger. Plus! It costs less than the other one so it's practically a sign that you have to get it :)

• The first one is gorgeous! And it suits a 18 better in my opinion

• they are both stunning. But if i have to choose i would choose number one

• Damn. I like both of them but I prefer the second a slightly bit more.