Tomboy?

I like to dress in baggyish t-shirts,straight-legged jeans and skater shoes(I skateboard a LOT).I honestly love the way I dress but it seems to be affecting the way people see me,as in,they call me a boy a lot.I have long hair but my hairdresser messed it up so now it looks like a guys haircut(I'm getting that fixed soon,hopefully).Other girls my age call me 'sir' and 'that boy' all the time.It's really starting to p*ss me off!I don't look like a guy in the face and I'm not built like one so I don't see why they would think I'm a boy.Most guys that dress in a similar fashion know I'm a girl but other girls call me a boy.Why would they do this?

And to the guys out there,would you be turned off by someone who dressed like this and if so,why?

Most Helpful Guy

• No. :P I'm not gay but boyish girls are waay hotter than girly girls who dress all in pink and ... blech. Who know, maybe they just do that because they're jealous. Just ignore their comment and once they realise that it doesn't seem to get to you it will most likely stop. It's unfortunate that many tomboys are lesbians. x3

What Guys Said 6

• If that's your real personality then no I wouldn't be turned off. Do you own a dress? You should. Do you know how to do your makeup and match an outfit? You should. Do you know how to sit, stand and conduct yourself as a lady? You should. If you can clean up nice and feminine on occasion, then what do I care if you're a tomboy. That usually means you're more fun.

It's like my wife who loves me being rugged and scruffy and masculine. But when I put on a suit and clean up and hold the door for dates and whatnot... the effect is obvious.

• Girls call you a boy because some people are vicious, venal creatures whose method of self-esteem is entirely predicated on someone else being denigrated to a lower caste. If that bothers you, change the way you dress and your habits. Not gonna do that? Well, get used to shrugging it off as you have a life you enjoy. You should probably wear tighter fitting shirts, though; once you discover well-fitting shirts you'll curse yourself for wasting all that time with baggy stuff.

As for me, I'd go skate with a tomboy, why not? Well, aside from the fact that I don't skate.

• I would be turned off just because I am attracted more so to a girl that, at least in the looks department, fulfills the elegant lady look. The reason you probably aren't getting guys is becasue they look at you more like a friend...I mean would you like a guy that dressed as a ballerina all the time? Or would you like a guy that dressed like a guy...

While you might be a very amazing person the look at you give off is that of a potential friend rather than a girlfriend...things will probably change as you get older...not by much but they will change...

You can look at it from a biological perspective also...form relates to function and if you are not showing your form well...you are not utilizing the ascetic characteristics that relate to your function

Thus, you are not giving off the natural "cues" that signal a man...you are showing more androgynous traits..so while they are aware you are female...you dress like a male...it is confusing on a guy...dress like a girl and skate! girls can dress comfortably too and still attract male attention

hope things work out for you!

• I wouldn't mind dating a tomboy, to me that would mean I could be a little rougher in how I play and she not complain or anything.

However, at your age range, kids are hurtful and from my knowing will say stuff just to get a rise out of you, they probably know it ticks you off and continue to do so, just ignore em.

• Well for one teenage girls are brutal and will do anything to make themselves feel better.

For the second question, girls that aren't girly are really cute and way way more fun to be around so no I wouldn't be turned off

• I prefer tomboys personaly, as long as they take care of themselves. but some guy would be turned of by it

What Girls Said 5

• Honestly, be yourself. You'll be the happiest version of yourself this way, and what people are attracted to are people who are comfortable in their own skin. I'm a tomboy, always have been, and I have the most wonderful man in the world. It won't prevent you from finding someone who will see you for all that you are and care about you if you are true to yourself.

• depends on a personality more. if you're confident and it sounds like you are, guys would be attracted to that. I've learnt that confidence goes a long way.

• Those girls that are hatin on you have no life or self-esteem so ignore them! I'ma tomboy as well and we tomboys should be treated with respect! But if it bothers you alot, then try switching up what you wear from time to time and I don't mean dressing girly. Find something that's a bit more flattering but still fits your boyish style

• My best friend is a tomboy & she gets more guys than I do haha (: Definitely stay true to the tomboy thing, if that's really you're thing. Girls usually say something because they're either jealous or they're bitches. If I could pull off the tomboy thing, I would so don't worry about it! Girls are crazy sometimes and they don't like people to be different!

• Well if you don't wanna be calld a boy. STop dressing like one. smple as that.

i would honestlly think of you as a Lasbo right away.