Why do models have to wear heels when attending to castings?

is it because of the walk?

Most Helpful Girl

• makes them look taller, slimmer, and their feet smaller, also heels are common in modelling and they need to know you are capable

What Guys Said 5

• So they know that they can walk in heels and not do this

stream1.gifsoup.com/view/55056/falling-model-o.gif

• I would say that is part of it.

• Yeah, probably to show that they have a nice strut and also to prove that they can walk in heels. Don't need any runway accidents.

• To look taller and the skinny pointy part of the heel matches their tiny bodies.

• You generally need to be tall, to model. I realize not all models are tall, but, if they see you're tall with them, they'll generally cast you

What Girls Said 4

• You don't have to wear heels to every casting actually

• Yes you have

• I also have, and here they say that you have to have the posture and show that you can walk in them. It's almost a must. I also live in Europe lol it's not about the heels, it's just what you can show.

• Well, I'm lucky I can say to not always having to rely on high heels then lol

• Yes. You wear a tank and jeans. You bring a bikini and you wear heels

• Yup that's exactly it

• yeah it's because during castings they will also have you walk to see how you walk on the runway.

• They have to prove that they can walk on them.